Thread: i licensed a car twice with 2.24 and 2.25

Tuner in Training

i licensed a car twice with 2.24 and 2.25

i licensed a 14' chevy SS with 2.24 and tuned the entire thing. i then reread the pcm with 2.25 and it asked me to license it again. i tried reloading my application key many times and it wouldnt matter, i needed to write only the trans so i had to license it in a rush. so did i just lose 2 credits for a glitch?

2014 CHEVROLET SS GERALD TUNE 3.hpt
    2014 CHEVROLET SS GERALD TUNED (beta).hpt
    Last edited by josh@lashway; 12-03-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Any news on that?

Should you license a vehicle in 2.24 oder 2.25 to avoid this double licensing?

2.25 shouldn't be duplicating licenses from 2.24. If you find that's the case, please contact support and we can look into it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    The only time I've seen this is when I have not used 2.25 for several weeks, but have gotten several new keys for 2.24. I'll open a licensed file with 2.25 and it will ask me to license it. You just have to update your 2.25 key with the latest one and everything syncs up.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    2.25 shouldn't be duplicating licenses from 2.24. If you find that's the case, please contact support and we can look into it.
    2.25 always asks for a license for a file previously licensed in 2.24 if i change the OS. The VCM ID remains the same but 2.25 doesn't like it. I think this is a bad thing because many of us do custom builds/swaps and very often the stock OS doesn't have the capabilities to do what we need. Sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 different operating systems to find one that does what I need and I can't license each one. The same happens when the dealer updates the ECM even if VCM ID remains the same
    I was forced to buy other tuning software because of this. I used to do everything with HPT and now I need to use other tools to accomplish the same.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Montecarlo, Contact support with the files, vcm suite info logs, and various information and we can look into it.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    so who do i contact? [email protected] never answers my emails anymore, bill used to answer them within a few hours. i havent gotten i reply to my last 2 emails

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    apparently we've been having some firewall issues thats been preventing customers emails from accepting our emails, we're working on the issue, at this time I'm not sure on an eta as it only seems to affect about 1-5% of our customer emails.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    additionally Josh, I searched for emails from your account and the last one I found from yours was some 92 days ago. Nothing recent.

Tuner in Training
    hey bill, i emailed you guys 30 days ago, did it go through? here is the email. also what do i do about the credits what do you need from me?email to hp.jpg

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats my personal email.

You need to email support at hptuners.com not bill at hptuners, I even have an auto response message that responds telling you this.