Thread: 02 afr vs value

02 afr vs value

Ok I did a rough search and didn't find anything on the board. What i'm asking is this does anyone know or have any ideas as to what afr reading the o2 number in the scanner relates to??? Example if o2 is 500 does that mean perfect 14.7afr?? and if so then what would 1000 be and then just the oposite 0 be??

Thanks for the help

OneFastGT

Biggest problem with the factory switching o2's is they are extremely sensitive to temperature. I have seen wideband values of 11.5 and the o2's were reading 830 mv and I have seen wideband values of 14.0 giving o2 values of 950 mv. Basically if you are over 980 mv you are rich.

Other than that they are only good for controlling closed loop at 14.68 AFR. And horrible with long tube headers & big cams at idle.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Well the car is pretty much 100% stock. So higher value is richer than the lower value cool I think that solves it up but obviously after all the reading I need to get a WBo2 to get serious. How about this tho since you all said the WBo2 with the nbo2 reading is so much more accurate is that just because it has it's own heater element? If so then why can I not just get an 3wire o2 that will have it's heater unit to keep the rating more consistant???? Ya think?

OneFastGT

Here's a Thread about o2 sensors.
    Always Support Our Troops!