Thread: Issues with .cfg file when using only the interface to log

Tuner

Issues with .cfg file when using only the interface to log

When I am scanning the attached .cfg file with my laptop, it works flawlessly (aside from trying to get it to read vac/boost instead of just kPa - seemingly simple conversion, but it always has an issue for some reason every since I went to a 3 bar tune from a 2 bar tune), but when I try to scan just through just the interface it has an error. Does anyone know why this might be?

It would be really nice to not have to run with the laptop in my car while at the track.

3 Bar WOT Tuning.cfg

Thanks!

Senior Tuner
    Known issue: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post398880

I would be happy if starting a log with the space bar would work. Don't mind having to take my laptop but starting logs with the icon gets some very long logs that's not necessary.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Known issue: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post398880

I would be happy if starting a log with the space bar would work. Don't mind having to take my laptop but starting logs with the icon gets some very long logs that's not necessary.
    Thanks for the heads-up! I was beginning to wonder if it was just something I did wrong because I didn't even fathom an update would cause this problem. Previously I was able to standalone log without an issue then when I upgraded to 3 bar it stopped working. Just so happened that I upgraded the editor and scanner a few times too. Aren't updates supposed to be better? LOL

Do you think this applies to the boost calculation as well? I saw "User Math Parameters" was on the list of issues to be resolved as well.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTechGTO View Post
    Do you think this applies to the boost calculation as well? I saw "User Math Parameters" was on the list of issues to be resolved as well.
    I'm finding quite a few problems. Lot of PIDs that I can log. My fuel rail pressure reads 6K-8K psi. When I export a file with my temperatures recorded in Fahrenheit in the spread sheet they read Celsius. Never had that problem in 2.24. But I understand 2.25 is a work in process. The only problem is 2.24 doesn't work with my 2013 GT500 so I have to use 2.25. I bought an SCT so I'm using it now. The hand held works great with it. Only problem with SCT is you have to get a tuner to make changes. So I have to use both. HPT Editor works great.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    I'm finding quite a few problems. Lot of PIDs that I can log. My fuel rail pressure reads 6K-8K psi. When I export a file with my temperatures recorded in Fahrenheit in the spread sheet they read Celsius. Never had that problem in 2.24. But I understand 2.25 is a work in process. The only problem is 2.24 doesn't work with my 2013 GT500 so I have to use 2.25. I bought an SCT so I'm using it now. The hand held works great with it. Only problem with SCT is you have to get a tuner to make changes. So I have to use both. HPT Editor works great.
    That is quite frustrating. I would just like to use one editor and one scanner... and for them both to work correctly. I only use the Beta editor for performing segment swaps, and as soon as it's loaded in the ECU, I pull it out with the non-Beta version to do all of my tuning because there are some weird things that happen when trying to use the old scanner with the Beta editor file; I haven't warmed up to the new scanner yet at all... nothing but issues. Then again, I haven't used it in a few month so maybe I would like it now...?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTechGTO View Post
    That is quite frustrating. I would just like to use one editor and one scanner... and for them both to work correctly. I only use the Beta editor for performing segment swaps, and as soon as it's loaded in the ECU, I pull it out with the non-Beta version to do all of my tuning because there are some weird things that happen when trying to use the old scanner with the Beta editor file; I haven't warmed up to the new scanner yet at all... nothing but issues. Then again, I haven't used it in a few month so maybe I would like it now...?
    I download the new beta every time I take the car out for logging and it definitely still has problems. As I said I have to take both with me, HPT for changes and SCT for scanning. I have wires all over my seat! lol There are things that don't work with the SCT however. Like the VCM controls. It has more button punching to scan and save a file too.
    Last edited by 8850; 09-30-2015 at 09:48 AM.