Thread: can we run a cable tb on a drive by wires set up ?

can we run a cable tb on a drive by wires set up ?

hi ,

i want to buy a supercharger kit but the tb is a cable one , can i delete something in the tune to delete the dbw and run a cable one ....lsx 376 b15 whit a gmpp harness .

p67 ecu from 2010-15 camaro

thanks
    Last edited by tybob; 10-09-2015 at 12:43 PM.

up up need help to run a p67 ecu from a 2010-2015 camaro whit a cable throttle body . what i can do in the tune is for a drift car . thanks

Advanced Tuner
    There are no drivers to run the iac on that computer.

IAC drivers are not the only problem, Gen4 ECMs have the TAC module integrated into them (Gen3 have a separate TAC module which can be deleted in the wiring and the tune), and have no provisions for a simple TPS. The operating system is not coded to use a TPS and DBC like Gen3's do.
    So, Deleting the DBW throttle body will cause it to immediately go to REP (LIMP) as soon as the engine is started.

If you do it, the engine will run very poorly. The only way I know to use a DBC TB in a gen4 is to use a ECM from GMPP. I have never tried this tho.

You need a different controller or a DBW TB
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    IAC drivers are not the only problem, Gen4 ECMs have the TAC module integrated into them (Gen3 have a separate TAC module which can be deleted in the wiring and the tune), and have no provisions for a simple TPS. The operating system is not coded to use a TPS and DBC like Gen3's do.
    So, Deleting the DBW throttle body will cause it to immediately go to REP (LIMP) as soon as the engine is started.

If you do it, the engine will run very poorly. The only way I know to use a DBC TB in a gen4 is to use a ECM from GMPP. I have never tried this tho.

You need a different controller or a DBW TB
    we use the gmpp harness kit parts number 19258270 , i don't think gmpp make a 58x dbc harness kit ? can i use this one ..... for the dbw tb i will need at lest 110mm for the 4.5 whipple supercharger on the lsx .

thanks

1928270 is the CPP 58x DBW control harness kit.
    You can use this E67 ECM with an aftermarket DBW TB if it is tuned correctly.
    2009 Maverick Silver G8 GXP M6 - 586hp
    Engine Mods: TVS 2300 Magnacharger ARH 1 7/8" long tubes with catted x-pipe
    Drivetrain Mods: Ram Dual Disc Clutch
    Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms
    Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit