Thread: RPM not supported

Potential Tuner

RPM not supported

I just built a 408 for my 03 Silverado. I am trying to do a crank relearn. For some reason the scanner will not pickup up my engines rpm's. The tach is working. If I clear the vehicle out of the scanner and reload the scanner. The Pid is working until I connect with the pickup. I also tried removing the pid that is not supported and adding it back in. It is not even in the PID list to add once I am connected to the truck.

I also just updated my windows program and my HPT trying to make sure everything is current.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    -Justin
    '03 SSS 408 w/piston oil sprayers, Kb Front mount s480 into a 4" exhaust, Edelbrock pro-flo intake w/ ls2 throttle body, Tfs 225 heads, BTR custom cam, Id1000 injectors, meth injection, Dual 400 walbro pumps,electric fans, 4l80e upgrade, P.I. 3200 multi disk converter

Potential Tuner
    Anyone? Ever experienced this? Truck is running but need to do the Crank Relearn.
    '03 SSS 408 w/piston oil sprayers, Kb Front mount s480 into a 4" exhaust, Edelbrock pro-flo intake w/ ls2 throttle body, Tfs 225 heads, BTR custom cam, Id1000 injectors, meth injection, Dual 400 walbro pumps,electric fans, 4l80e upgrade, P.I. 3200 multi disk converter

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try this:
    Close all programs
    open my documents-hptuners-vcm scanner-vehicles folder and delete all of the files within it
    close the folder
    reopen vcm scanner
    this will force the software to repoll the pcm for the available pids.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"