Thread: LD9 SC vs NA tune (MAP vs FUEL)

LD9 SC vs NA tune (MAP vs FUEL)

with the GM s/c reflash is fuel tuning based on MAP signal or still the RPM vs TPS?

and to tune the GM s/c reflash, do I need 4 credits or 2?

EDIT : how about "knock sensor sensitivty" is it possible to turn this down already? or in the near future?
    Last edited by killerjuice; 05-10-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Its still RPM vs TPS
    You just need 2 credits
    Not yet, and I don't know if its an option
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

hmmm, ok, so is it a true Alpha-N system??? does Map have absolutly nothing to do with fuel? only timing?

EDIT : I thought the SC reflash might have been a different OS, or maybe I was just hoping.

the SC reflashes are 2bar and MAP based for the VE tables.

Although i just got someone email me what they claimed was a GM SC reflash but it wasn't 2bar at all.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

the SC reflashes are 2bar and MAP based for the VE tables.
    so that means that it is a different OS? that would be awesome if fuel is MAP VS RPM based, I will be buying this unit tonight ... I am having some troubles deciding between the standard and pro.

I have a wideband, but hooking it up to the HPT is not a concern of mine, can I still data log with the standard? is there anything I would be disappointed I didn't have if I ordered standard? thanks

yes they are a different OS.

The Pro offers the analog inputs/ouputs and datalogging buttons. There is no datalogging buttons or inputs/outputs on the Std.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2924

edit: You can still scan using the Std but you need to have the PC connected.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

edit: You can still scan using the Std but you need to have the PC connected.
    so I can still datalog with the standard? IC that you take paypal, ready to click send

EDIT : is it still about 3-4 weeks to recieve the product? that works perfect for me.

screw it, I just bought pro, can't wait to get it, I will keep you guys posted about it when I get it. the 2000 LD9 will live... better, and stronger from this day forward.

you should have it pretty fast, shipping times are now back to normal.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

thats awesome, thanks for the fast response and all your help. I have followed this since Jan 2004 when I did my 2nd custom turbo into a 2.2 cavalier, good to see that things came along, and now the money I saved up then is coming to use... SWEET!