Thread: Timing when hitting WOT

Tuner in Training

Timing when hitting WOT

I have a log of a run going 0mph then mashing to WOT. (its in the beginning of the log) dads wot.hpl
    when the TPS goes to 100% the timing drops to -5 then slowly rises with the rpm. i know it is less then the commanded timing due to the burst knock retard but my question is can i modify the timing table to something like this (in the high oct. table), dads_new_tune_timing.hpt , and be ok? or is this not a good idea?

Tuner in Training
    dads_new_tune_LTFT.hpt

this is the stock timing table for a comparison

Senior Tuner
    How do you know it is burst knock when you are not logging burst knock? You still have all torque management enabled too. First log some other timing modifiers and identify for sure what it is.

Probably torque management kicking in.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I guess I didn't really outline what I wanted. I want to keep some TM just for the fact of having a stock trans.

My question is can I modify the timing table in the WOT areas to compensate for it. This way when I still have tm for in between shifts and also if I have real knock the truck will take some timing out.
    Is this making sense?

I am just gonna be direct with you, TM will not save a 4l60E. I have seen them fail from just stock daily driving with no mods, no over revs.

Just run it till it blows and build you one that can handle the torque or vise versa.
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 04-29-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]