Thread: Turbo lq9 climbing STFT's during boost cmd AFR

Turbo lq9 climbing STFT's during boost cmd AFR

Needed a little help here. Just turbo'd my Vmaxx with an on3performance turbo kit. Everything has been going well on the tune so far. For some reason, i noticed when up to highway speed, when i get into the throttle a little to where my boost table is triggered at 90kpa, cmd 11.5 afr, my afr error will of course spike at the transition, immediately track to commanded afr and then you'll notice the STFT's will start pulling fuel till it hits 14.68 while afr cmd is still 11.5. Has anybody seen this, and if so, any ideas. A little background, i'm at 6800 feet elevation, our pressure at atmosphere is 11.38. That's why i have my boost triggering earlier than other people. You'll also notice i'm at a lower RPM, so i wasn't really worried about it being lean for the scan that you see.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]49939
    [/ATTACH]THE BAT VE Tune -6.hpt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 04-22-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Change your TPS % PE enable to 10% at all RPM's. Then change the PE MAP enable to 85 KPA. This will allow PE at low throttle & high MAP.

As in your tune, the TPS has to be 80% till 3200 RPM, 75% at 3600, then 70% from 4000 RPM before PE is enabled. And the PCM will stay in closed loop until PE is triggered.

Russ Kemp

Thanks Russ!, i was just going back through all the events where this was happening and noticed the relationship of my tps coming down and then triggering the stft's at 55%. What i found interesting, being this is my first OS enhancement tune, Was that the Boost enrich table trigger does not drive the open loop (like i had assumed), You have to use the Power Enrich triggers. And when i got back on here to see if anyone had given me some feedback, the changes you have listed confirms that theory. Is that correct, or am i making stuff up? Also, where do you generally set the Enable TQ trigger at?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Ranger6202; 04-18-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6202 View Post
    Also, where do you generally set the Enable TQ trigger at?
    Thanks in advance.
    0%

Russ Kemp

Hey Russ, went out with the changes, everything worked perfectly. Thanks again! However, i have another question for you.....i'm running into a little knock retard at 1.28 g/cyl and higher, problem is, the timing table doesn't go that high. My assumption would be to make the deductions at the 1.20 row for it to carry over to the highest amt., but i was wondering if there's a way to adjust that extended part of the table and not just the 1.20 row alone?

Just reduce the timing in the 1.2 row. Some people scale the tune, but that can cause a lot of issues.

Russ Kemp