Thread: 2015 Z06 Torque managment still present

2015 Z06 Torque managment still present

Working with a 2015 Z06 that we added a few goodies to. Ported Blower, 2.38 pulley, Custom CAI with stock maf housing, K&N drop in, Kooks 2" headers and X pipe with cat deletes.

The car will not make full boost until 5700rpms. I have tried just about everything as far as SD tuning for back ground fueling to keep stock maf/torque calc in sync, raised driver demand from small percentages to through the roof, deleted all other TM in the tune and even started playing with bypass valve adjustment. If you have any insight please PM me and I will send over the file. I attached a 4th gear log on the dyno of the issue. Also attaching my TM config I have been using to try and solve this, maybe I am missing a parameter to be watching.

Any help is appreciated. This run made 578/504 on our mustang dyno which is pretty sad for the mods on the car. I was able to get 608/545 later but didn't save the log. Only change made was scaling the PE table to command fatter and trick the Eqratio torque calc table to use a smaller multiplier. I have quite a bit of experience with the LNFs and Cruze PCMs so Im fairly familiar with the torque calc stratagies these use but Im obviously missing something.
    Last edited by silverbullet08; 04-06-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I'm just diving into studying LT1's and LF4's. But, because you understand LNF's there isn't a need to point that out. Without studying it more, idk what GM's equivalent to Bosch's Optimum Spark table is, but have you read my writeup on the PID controller?

No I have not. Do you have a link? Ill do some searching and see what I can find.

I know it's not turbo but may give hint as to how the ecu manages power. I'll also find my post on the interrelationship between tb, timing, and boost.

I've read up on the v6 and gen5 forums and have found the exact same lack of understanding. GM transitioned from the Bosch ecu to their version which started with the LHU and went on to all the turbo 4's as well as the ttv6's. Coming over here it is apparent they've made the full transition to a torque-based ecu.

Not directed at you, but people need to stop tuning until they understand what's really going on. Torque-based tuning is powerful but can be really dangerous. Combined with people's lack of understanding of DI relative to peak timing and afr, a lot of engines are going to go south quickly.

Old procedures for LS1/2/6 etc need to be left behind. Different approach to tuning for these.

Got it worked out. Thank you for your input.

I will agree maxing out the torque tables is not the way to go. I would start with going back to the stock peak torque table as it is a reference for torque and maxing it out will limit it even more and keep it out of pe enrichment