Thread: Need a little starter help

Advanced Tuner

Need a little starter help

Hello, i have 2 customers that want their 2015 Denali pickups tuned and i need some help. This DI is new to me. I played around some and got it a little better but im pretty sure theres more in it. My understanding from reading is that when you increase ignition timing you also need to increase the SOI base table. Am i right? What else is something i can do to get more power? I already did adjust the PE to enable sooner and increased the timing by 3 degrees and also increased the SOI base table by 20 crank degrees. Any help appreciated.

Posting the tune will help

Advanced Tuner
    Here are both stock and a tune that i played with. Its a 2015 6.2/A8 Sierra Denali. Everything is stock.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Peak Tq is WAY to high, it may not even go into PE mode with the values that high.
    DD is STOCK, I have modded this on stock vehicles with success, gives better part throttle response and I believe it help WOT as well letting I command more power (think of it as Tq management in its stock values)
    MAF table is Stock, I always mod his even on stock vehicles, especially when spark changes are introduced and PE changes.
    PE values can be ran leaner since its DI
    VVT is stock, made small gains in the low rpms with changes to advance the cam (leaving cruising cells alone, the EGR effect helps there)
    Lots of work can be done on the timing tables, several

Increasing SOI blindly is not the correct way to make changes, but I'm sure its fine the way you have it. I am a fan of starting injection earlier in the WOT regions.

Like you mentioned before you added just a hint of spark and increased SOI, but there is more left in the calibration even on a stock engine.
    Have you verified the engine going into PE??

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Ok im here to learn but that brings up more questions.

1. What values should be added to the peak torque table? Or just leave em stock?
    2. DD as of Driver Demand? What changes should be made?
    3. What exactly can i log in order to know how to adjust SOI?
    4. How many degrees in spark timing is usually added on these engines in stock form?

And yes it does enter PE mode. Thanks for having patience with me.

1. Stock
    2. Raise 100% row to about 400 to start and leave the rest stock
    3. Leave SOI stock until you have everything else right, SOI adjustments are more important for FI
    4. Depends on the fuel you are running, start with stock except for WOT areas, start with 20 on premium and then tune from there

Monitor Pedal Average vs ETC position (not TPS) and make sure that when you are giving 100% pedal you are getting 100% throttle body

Advanced Tuner
    Ok i will try that. Which table exactly do you adjust for DD? And also why leave SOI stock? I only added 3 degrees spark timing over stock(in WOT areas) and i got knock retard without increasing SOI.

Leave spark Main tables stock until later. Fix VE and MAF first.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok will try that.