Thread: Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC, Does this sound correct

Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC, Does this sound correct

I had a Zippy Performance Bench tune my computer before I had my HP Tuners Software, I purchased the Tuning The Right Way, books and was reading
    step by step on the guide and when I got to the Injector Flow Rate it was set at 52.2 all the way across

does that sound correct,

the motor is 416 LS3 Base with a Cam shaft, Throttle body, Headers but no other mods

This is in a standalone harness in a offroad vehicle,

Just wondering if anyone messes with this or if it is a big part of the tune,

Thanks

No one has messed with the injector flow rate chart? should I change it or just leave it 52.2 across the board,

If you have a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator that IFR will be a flat line

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Senior Tuner
    Standalone in an off road vehicle sounds like you have a return fuel line and a vacuum pressure regulator...so the same number across the board makes sense.

Do you know what injectors it has on it?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Correct injector data is very important. There are more numbers than that to look at than just IFR.

But if your injector flows 52.2 lbs/hr @ whatever your base pressure is(ex 58psi) on a vacuum referenced regulator with the hose disconnected, then your IFR is correct.

yes I am running the Green fast Injectors, I have to look up the flow rate, but in the tuning school book and on the factory tune is show a scale of different numbers, so does it make a difference if the numbers are scaled or the same number straight across,

aeromotive press regulator, no vacuum line,

Yes it makes a difference. If your regulator isn't vacuum referenced your IFR should be sloped not flat. I assume those are 42lb injectors and you're running 58psi? Should be about 52lbs @ 0 kPa and something like 57lbs @ 80 kPa. If you're not 100% sure what you're working with, you'll never get it right.

Yes that is Very Correct, they are Fast Green EV1 42lbs injectors and I am running the fuel press around 52-56,

so if that is correct the computers I bench tune, if they are using a Aeromotive style fuel press regulator with no vacuum hooked up then do the calcs on the injector and put the number straight across,

I haven't seen an aeromotive fpr that isn't vacuum referenced. If that is what you're running, unhook vacuum line, set pressure to 58 psi, hook vacuum line back up, and leave your IFR flat 52.2 sounds right.

Quote Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE View Post
    I haven't seen an aeromotive fpr that isn't vacuum referenced. If that is what you're running, unhook vacuum line, set pressure to 58 psi, hook vacuum line back up, and leave your IFR flat 52.2 sounds right.
    Seen plenty not using vac reference even if it's available. Like George says, either change your IFR table or add a vacuum line to the regulator and make sure it's from a primary source and not some far downstream line tapped or the pressure propagation delays can cause you grief.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.