Thread: 2009 Trailblazer SS efan swap

Senior Tuner

2009 Trailblazer SS efan swap

I have read about all the issues surrounding this but have a friend wanting to do it. I read where on 2008's some people segment swapped system segment with a Cadillac xlr v. Does this also work for 2009? Anyone have this working with hpt?

Senior Tuner
    Anyone? Dsteck? Surely someone has tried or knows answer?

I am not sure what you are after. If you want to swap in an e-fan you need the e-fan and relay controller. All the ECM does is ground 0, 1, or 2 pins depending on off, low, high. There should be no need for anything complicated like what you are discussing. I will post some links to some of my posts discussing fan settings if you'd like. Or just post my tune from my 08 TBSS with 3 relay fan control. I have low on at about 193* F and high at like 203* F, there are a few little nuances in the settings to prevent it from rapidly cycling from low to high etc, buts its fairly simple logic.

Senior Tuner
    I have read a lot of info that says its not that easy. If you have it working, please post up the info. It sounds like you have wired yours up like an impala ss.

I can't be 100% sure the 09 isn't different. Not sure why it would be though. Ill open a 09 file and take a look. But if its the same, its just a few simple parameters. Can you link to posts with concerns or issues?

Senior Tuner
    Afraid that not allowed, most of it is on the "other" forum.

Got it. Ill look at an 09 file in a bit. Or post yours if you have it.

Senior Tuner
    I'll post it when I get to PC.

Senior Tuner
    Here it is

Advanced Tuner
    It's pretty straightforward, look at www.pcmofnc.com/install/fan and look at how the 08s are done. Mirror those settings for your 09 and it should work.

The 08 XLR-V was a theory from a few years back, I even had a file prepped and ready yet never went past that. PCMofNC came out with their kit and I used their patched file as a starting point.

(If a Mod or Alvin/Kelly does not like me linking to their site, please let me know/edit this post. Not trying to step on anyones toes.)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Here are my settings. I can explain some of the logic if you'd like.

Senior Tuner
    Thanks for the help guys. It really was as easy as wiring it up and changing the settings contrary to other net info. For future reference, wire the fans same a 2009 impala ss. Change the file settings as shown and it works.