Thread: LS9 and matching E67 in swap P1516 and P2101

Advanced Tuner

LS9 and matching E67 in swap P1516 and P2101

Ok, doing a tune on an LS9 in a Chevelle. The engine is a 427 with a roudy cam, heads, etc. built by Lingenfelter. The tune I started with was by them as well, and after fighting with it for a while, finally copied over MAF, VE, etc to a clean stock calibration file.

What Im dealing with is I get the above codes on a quick rev when rpms return to idle, or light accel like when trying to get the car rolling.

Ive done everything imaginable up to and including turning off these DTC's but I still get REP or Limited ETC conditions.

Im attaching a log and copy of the tune. I know the injector data isnt right, but its working for now. Just run out of ideas to get this thing to stop tripping codes. Let me know if you have ANY suggestions.

I have tried different throttle bodies, and different pedals and get the same results with any combination. So if its not something I can fix by using a different method in the tune, then Im down to checking over this Street & Performance harness and hoping I find a problem.

New Controller_SD BASE_MAF_TPS3_BETA.hptREP DIAG.hplREP DIAG.cfg

Senior Tuner
    I would double check the pinout on the Pedal TPS harness and the TB harness. I have seen pins back out of custom harnesses and also improper locations, especially on the pedal end. This is assuming that TAC calibration is correct for the combination.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    I'm figuring that's what I'll do. The pcm calibration is based on factory 2010 ZR1, and the TB/Pedal combo matches the same car. So the TAC calibration should be good.

Advanced Tuner
    Just an update: Wiring all checked out fine.. When datalogging all the ETC and pedal stuff all look smooth and linear to eachother except ETC% when compared to ETC Desired%. In the log Im attaching, you can clearly see the desired % stay steady while the actual ETC % takes a jump northbound. Happens just around frame 197.

My guess is hardware, so we have a brand new TB and Pedal on the way this morning to check out. In the mean time, any thoughts from the forum? This car is beyond frustrating.

REP diag 3.hpl
    REP DIAG2.cfg

Advanced Tuner
    Think I sorted it out. I had modified the throttle follower settings. Put them back to stock and the issue is almost completely gone.