Thread: Sonic 1.4T - How can I make it hold boost steadier through the RPM range?

Tuner

Sonic 1.4T - How can I make it hold boost steadier through the RPM range?

Anyone know?

It doesn't matter where the boost is, under WOT, it peaks around 4k RPM and drops up until red line. On a 2nd gear pull for example, it goes from 226 kpa desired down to about 210 kpa desired.

I hear the turbo to small argument it running, but I see the desired going down too. I would think the turbo should hold 230 up until redline. Is there anyone out there that's got it running steady boost through the RPM range?

I've looked and looked and can't find anything that resembles a torque table that fades or a desired boost table that fades, but I'm coming up dry.

Tuner
    I'm also looking for PE multiplier table. In my PE table, I'm commanding 11.5, but its going as rich as 11.3 or better.

Tuner in Training
    To raise your desired try raising your pressure ratio max table. For the PE issue check cat over temp and turbo over temp.

Tuner
    COpy and pasted from my post on another forum where I made an inquiry on this:

I found the table I was looking for. It's Engine > TM > Turbocharger > Pressure Ratio Max (in the center column almost at the bottom).

I upped that to my predetermined pressure ratio I wanted to set as max. I commanded a flat lined desired boost all the way to redline.

CAUTION: It does have a side effect though. It will not boost HEAVILY at low RPM. I can hear it lugging up a hill at around 2300-2500 growling as the boost builds lugging up a hill. I don't remember where I read it and why it said this, but some time ago when I had my SRT-4, I read that low RPM boost like that on a turbo car was bad. May have been hard on the charger.