Thread: New to tunning turbo 5.3l 3 bar MAP SD tune

Potential Tuner

New to tunning turbo 5.3l 3 bar MAP SD tune

So I am brand new to tunning, and frankly I am pretty lost so hopefully you guys can straiten me out. My car will start and run ROUGH for a few seconds then it dies out.

Its a 5.3 with 76mm turbo, ls6 cam, 3 bar lsa map sensor, and FIC 1000 injectors (103lb roughly).

I'm sure what I am trying to is all wrong so please feel free to correct me. I have flashed over to a 3 bar and zero'd out the maf calibrations. After that I don't know what my next steps should really be. Is there a different tune I should be starting with or can someone help me seriously work over mine.

I am located in Colorado (just north of Denver) so if anyone is local or know of someone that could help in person that would be great too.

Attached is my file for reference (again I'm sure is wrong so I have my flame suit on).
    Thank you for any and all help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys, any insight here? I know it hasn't been extremely long but any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

I don't know alot yet with 2 and 3 bar setups, but your VE table is flat lined at 162 and I know thats not going to work at all.

You have a problem there. You also havent failed the MAF correctly to put the car into speed density mode either, which I assume you want to do. You should set P0101, 102 and 103 to 0 MIL on first error and just uncheck the boxes if you don't want a check engine light.

Also those injectors are huge, if you got any data for them you need to put that into the tune. It will never run right with incorrect injector data.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the help! I will work on it and see if I can't get it at least to idle. I appreciate your help.

Does anyone know a good place to start with data for these injectors?
    Last edited by the owl; 10-29-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Where did you buy them? Can the manufacture not give you the data?