Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good remote Tuner- my current tune is attached

Looking for a good remote Tuner- my current tune is attached

So I have been through 2 tuners now and neither one can iron out drivability issues. I have spent a ton of money and time so far. The car has surging and bucking issues at light throttle and I can not drive the car in 6th on the freeway at 65-70mph without getting light surging followed by some major bucking. I noticed in one log that the timing was bouncing around a lot. I attached my current tune that was done by the guy who had it on the dyno before when I had the the old Airaid intake and now I switched to a Halltech MF105s to fit the 102mm NW TB and I also opened up the NACA Duct. Up near my house I usually see 94-97 KPA. Down by the ocean I am getting over 100KPA I just got a NGK wideband that I will hopefully get installed this weekend. I can make changes on my end to the tune if needed since I have a cable. The car has a bit lazy throttle response and needs a lot of gas off the line to get moving. IT also wants to die in reverse and sometimes coming out of 1st gear rolling to a stop. The surging and bucking happens in all gear sometimes mild and sometimes more severe. Cold start is off to and hunts a lot for about 30 sec. It tends to get some run on when shutting the car off. I checked the tune and it all seems stock in the EOIT tables. The car just doesn't run very strong and gets terrible mpg. I thought maybe it has to do with the PE settings? Let me know what type of logs any of you PRo tuners would want to see before doing anything.

Car is a 07 Zo6
    AFR on dyno was 12.8-13:1
    Ported heads with ~11.5:1 and 8.55:1 Dynamic
    236/246 112+4 .637/.657 Bullet cam grind
    Ported FAST intake
    Stock injectors
    Pfadt 1 7/8 Tri Y and high flow cat xpipe
    Aluminum Katech Flywheel and ZR1 clutch
    Also running a GZ vaccu pump
    I am running torco in every tank since CA 91 is awful

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    please post a log of idle and cruise and WOT to see the current condition of the car
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Will do thank you. I have logs but with a different tune. I will do some tonight and post.

Here are the only ones I found so far with the current tune to review. I will get better ones and I hope to have the wideband working on saturday
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here try this one, we might have to adjust cold or hot starts depending on what it needs, but should be close enough to test. This was created off your previous tune, so you should be able to upload directly to your car.

2007 ZO6 NW 102 cam tune.hpt
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

thanks I will try it out. Where are you located? What exactly did you adjust with the TB? I cant view the tune right now.
    Last edited by twistedpixels; 08-16-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Here are a couple new logs. the one titled new3 shows where the bucking is in 6th at 35 seconds into the log. The other one is a 4th gear street drive log and it was hesitating and surging lightly.

ok god man that tune you initially posted is absolutely horrible... the PE is a mess, no ve changes at all, idle airflow is a mess, your rev limiter settings are affectedly not working and tb scaler not changed for the nw102 tb..... hit me at [email protected]... i can help you out, i tune a shit ton of c6 z06's, with larger camshafts
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

ok here is my revised file, and scanner config.... shoot me an email with a log of idle, cruise and wot (afr reading preferred) ... your setup is pretty basic...

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by rynez06 View Post
    ok here is my revised file, and scanner config.... shoot me an email with a log of idle, cruise and wot (afr reading preferred) ... your setup is pretty basic...
    thanks for the files. I think I will wait until I get the wideband working before I try your file out and figure out how to hook it up to the HP cable so it logs AFR. I think I need to get a tool in order to take the required pins out of the NGK harness to go into the HP cable if I remember correctly. As I mentioned on the dyno it was seeing around 12.8 and it looks like you set it to command 12.5 right? You increased timing I see as well and I know when we tried to run more than 22 it KR'd on the street even with Torco in the tank. Perhaps at 12:5 it will take the timing but I do remember the last tuner tried to run it richer and it made no difference with timing and it just lost power is all. He said it like being at 12:8 or so to make power. But at this point I am not sure about anything. I just need the car to run better.

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Here try this one, we might have to adjust cold or hot starts depending on what it needs, but should be close enough to test. This was created off your previous tune, so you should be able to upload directly to your car.

2007 ZO6 NW 102 cam tune.hpt
    Ok I tried yours out and it started up but the rpm dips really low and catches reving it in neutral where my old tune does not do that. My other tuner tried rescaling the TB with a higher scalar value and it did not even start. I attached a log of what was going on with your file. Thanks you very much for you time in messing with my tune it is cool of you. let me know what you think is the reason for it wanting to die reving it in neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by rynez06 View Post
    I gave your file a go and it wouldn't run at all. I attached a log of a few startup attempts for you to see. as I said in my post above my 2nd tuner tried the same area scalar value of 7190 and did other adjustments but it also would start up. He was also the one that originally lowered it to 3800 and did many other adjustments by mistake and his tune gave me the P1516 code and 2101. Thanks for taking your time to mess around with it also man. Let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedpixels View Post
    I gave your file a go and it wouldn't run at all. I attached a log of a few startup attempts for you to see. as I said in my post above my 2nd tuner tried the same area scalar value of 7190 and did other adjustments but it also would start up. He was also the one that originally lowered it to 3800 and did many other adjustments by mistake and his tune gave me the P1516 code and 2101. Thanks for taking your time to mess around with it also man. Let me know what you think.
    The changes I made are from tunes of 4 different 07 vettes with a similar cam and setup... Sounds like to me you might have another issue going on ..

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Like what?

My car wouldn't run no matter what the TB scalar & related settings were set at. IT was a ERL 102mm TB, but it sounds like you have a similar problem. The fix for me was returning the ERL, for the new style NW 102. THen all I needed was to adjust the scalar, and it drove perfectly!

It sounds like you have an older NW 102, or something is wrong with it. Likely not allowing enough air past the blade...

Quote Originally Posted by edmundu View Post
    My car wouldn't run no matter what the TB scalar & related settings were set at. IT was a ERL 102mm TB, but it sounds like you have a similar problem. The fix for me was returning the ERL, for the new style NW 102. THen all I needed was to adjust the scalar, and it drove perfectly!

It sounds like you have an older NW 102, or something is wrong with it. Likely not allowing enough air past the blade...
    I just got mine a few months ago brand new. The back of it was blended to match the fast intake. Mine runs with the stock scalar and adjusted airflow. It did run with the scalar at 6200 like Veee8 did for me but it wanted to die if I revd it in neutral but it would catch and idle again. It does seem like it needs a lot of air with the scalar set higher. I tried it at 7190 with the other values below it left stock and set the startup airflow a lot higher and it finally would fire up but it struggled to maintain idle for awhile. What about drilling a small hole in the throttle blade?

Drilling a hole is a solution. However, resale value goes out the window.

Yeah, blending wouldn't have made an issue, but it could have had too little gap from the factory. IF you bought it new, you should be able to work with NW, as the scalar should be in the 71xx range for 102mm blade.

Do not drill a hole in an electronic throttle. Ever.
    Last edited by DSteck; 08-19-2014 at 08:06 AM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I sent nick an email more than a week ago and never heard back regarding scaling issues.

You can try to add some more base idle airflow on my tune down low to see if that will help that low idle dip when revving it up.
    I do agree that I can load that base tune into other cars and it will work pretty darn good, there might be something else amiss.....
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.