Thread: How to check if car is in failed maf mode, tune for maf backwash

How to check if car is in failed maf mode, tune for maf backwash

As in topic.

Is there any pid that shows what mode car uses? I cant find such. In both cases car is in close loop. I tried to tune maf backwash with part success, but knowing it would make life easier.

To tune maf backwash i enabled this function in tune and for low throttle i entered 10 for all rpms, but then car on low tps is always in failed maf mode, now i want to change it to be only over 2k rpms, but cant really figure out when what mode is.

Its usefull with dv valve directed after maf and before turbo, but thiis way i could make perfect running turbo setup with blowoff after turbo and maf before turbo.

Car is rich 20 percent now at idle, due in failed maf mode i cant change mixture. Thats reason i want for now disable backwash function bellow 2k rpms.

To do this i tried 0 to 2000 rpm set 100 and all above to 10 in low tps backwash table, but it dont work as should.

Thanks.
    Last edited by caniggia; 04-20-2014 at 11:59 AM.

If there is no possibility to log (i cant find it also in sct), maybe someone can tell how to set this tables that will work as i want? So go in failed maf when rpms are above 2000 and tps lets say 10%. This will save me some time for tests.

So it works this way, when maf backwash enabled, car is in normal maf mode when tps in function of rpm is between low backflow table and high backflow table. Example:
    1. setting low table to 0 anf high table to 100 (64 is enough), makes car always in normal maf mode.
    2. setting low table to 10 and high table to 50 will make car in normal maf mode between tps 10 and 50, above 50 and bellow 10 will run in failed maf mode, so speed density.

To prevent maf backwash finally I've set low table up to 1200 rpm in value 3, 1300 rpm and above to 0. High table to 100 all rows.
    This will make idle in SD mode.

Hope this helps if someone will find this problem...
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    This is good to know
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    So it works this way, when maf backwash enabled, car is in normal maf mode when tps in function of rpm is between low backflow table and high backflow table. Example:
    1. setting low table to 0 anf high table to 100 (64 is enough), makes car always in normal maf mode.
    2. setting low table to 10 and high table to 50 will make car in normal maf mode between tps 10 and 50, above 50 and bellow 10 will run in failed maf mode, so speed density.

To prevent maf backwash finally I've set low table up to 1200 rpm in value 3, 1300 rpm and above to 0. High table to 100 all rows.
    This will make idle in SD mode.

Hope this helps if someone will find this problem...
    Would doing this still cause the MAF fail DTC to stay in the ecu, even when it goes back in to maf mode? If not this is exactly what I was looking to do.

No dtc, no need to disable errors.

But there is still missing some tables, due there is no possibility to change mixture in sd mode, what i already reported.
    Last edited by caniggia; 04-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hi This is a great post, My car is getting tuned next Monday.

Its a 2007 V6 Turbo.

Its got the on 3 performance kit but my car is a drift car and the kit was 2 low so it was re-fabbed up.

Quote Originally Posted by dafridgea View Post
    Hi This is a great post, My car is getting tuned next Monday.

Its a 2007 V6 Turbo.

Its got the on 3 performance kit but my car is a drift car and the kit was 2 low so it was re-fabbed up.

What kinda car is this?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC