Thread: Won't verifie ECM is it locked?

Won't verifie ECM is it locked?

I had a 97 k1500 5.7 I'm trying to read the ECM so I can make changes an it keeps saying that is not varafied an errors is got power green light is on when not plugged into laptop only obd2 con I can use the scanner an watch things but can get in to edit I had a 98 2500 with 7.4 an it worked just fine is it possibly locked I just bought the truck

Advanced Tuner
    1996 and 1997 Vortec are not supported ... only 1998+

If I get a 98 ECM with same motor Trans. Would it work I did sum resurch that the center plug is just a jumper so pry hafta jump that then remove vats ect?

Advanced Tuner
    You will need the pinouts for a 1997 and 1998 model to be certain of required changes. If memory serves injectors 1 & 8 will need repinned - not sure what all else.

If you need the VIN in the computer to match the VIN of the vehicle to pass emissions in your area, this would also become an issue.

Thanks we don't have emissions. So should be easy swap do U no what the 5 connector is an hoping to put the 98 ECM in so I can tune it than

Would it be better idea I just swap to a 411 ls ECM sence I hafta repin anyway an any disadvantage?