Thread: LS3 injectors in LS6 need help

Potential Tuner

LS3 injectors in LS6 need help

So Im finishing up my heads and cam swap on me 02 Z06. I have a set of LS3 injectors and have picked up all the hardware for it to work(spacers, wire adapters, etc)

I need help with tuning the ecm for using the ls3 injectors. I was told that if I just bolt them on and start it that Ill be washing out the cylinders with fuel. What do I need to do to avoid this. I need the car to be able to drive to my tuner so he can fine tune it. I have HP tuners but have very little experience, I basically need to make it so the car can run and wont hurt itself.

not sure if it matters but the cam is 228 230 .571/.573 on 112 LSA and heads are TEA stage 2 at 62cc

this is a c5 z06 tune with ls3 injector , just copy the injector tables into your tune . I don't remember from were exactly I got the values but (it was from this forum).
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    So this should make it so the ls3 injectors give the same amount of fuel as my stock injectors at idle and lower rpms? then I should adjust everything else for the heads and cam?

Quote Originally Posted by VerdeZ28 View Post
    So this should make it so the ls3 injectors give the same amount of fuel as my stock injectors at idle and lower rpms? then I should adjust everything else for the heads and cam?
    you should adjust everything (idle , part throttle and wot) because you have a new cam and heads. The ls3 injector table should give the same fuel amount as your primary fuel table are commanding.

Just a question for you guys. He is told to copy the injector tables into his tune. I know what needs to be copied is in the fuel tab, but what all should be copied in the fuel tab? The General, the flow rate vs KPA, Flow Rate Mult vs Volts? Everything on the Fuel tab? Just a newb, trying to learn. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I just realized these injectors I have are LS9 injectors. Does anyone have the data for these into LS1? and correct me if I am wrong, but I found an excel that does the interpolation for me. Cant i just go into the tune repository and find a stock ZR1 tune and copy the values into the excel and it would be correct?

Advanced Tuner
    are ls9 injectors the same length as ls1?

I think I posted the data you need somewhere. I'll try to find it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    are ls9 injectors the same length as ls1?
    No, dimensionally it's the same as an ls3 injector as far as I can tell

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    I think I posted the data you need somewhere. I'll try to find it.
    That would be awesome. Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    if not the same length mate I wouldn't use them ...just like the 6ltr L76/L98 in aus here the ls1 injectors are longer and the others are stumpys(shorter) different injector

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate lsx tuning View Post
    if not the same length mate I wouldn't use them ...just like the 6ltr L76/L98 in aus here the ls1 injectors are longer and the others are stumpys(shorter) different injector
    I am aware that these are shorter than the ls1 injector thats why I would use an height adapter with it. you can find the top adapter at Fuel Injector connection website, thats where I bought them.

Advanced Tuner
    cool mate, each to their own....have fun

Potential Tuner
    The LS9 injectors allegedly have a bent spray angle of 20* made to be specific to the LS9 intake. Don't know if it's factual or not, but I had issues trying to make them work on an LS6 and swapped them out for LS3 injectors.