Thread: MAP sensor issues

Tuner in Training

MAP sensor issues

Im having a hard time with the MAP sensor that i recently bought. It is the map sensor from a cobalt SS. Or BARO sensor i should say. The problem that im having is while tuning my VE i have yet to enter any amount of boost pressure but the histograms are showing all the way up to 190 kpa. Idle is about 85 kpa and key on engine off is 105 kpa (fairly close to BARO in Wyoming at 5000 ft) This sensor is dialed in to 200 and 8.33. several trouble codes are disabled. i should add that the truck is a 5.3L supercharged and cammed with about 10 psi on the high end with a piece of junk mail order tune. can someone review this tune really quick and let me know what im doing wrong here or am i just having a stupid moment.

2 BAR OS Main.hpt?

also, my VE table is way lower then any table i have ever seen before but that is where it has to be to run well according to stft over an average of about twenty minutes of drive time and wide band readings. im pretty lost here guys. help me out
    Last edited by kmbellack; 10-14-2013 at 09:48 PM.

My key on, engine off map is 94 kpa. I'm at 1800 ft, so your way out. The weather stations report "mean sea level barometric pressure". That is what the air pressure would be if at sea level.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    OK well does anyone have an understanding of what I need to adjust in the map settings?

I Think that cobalt ss map sensor is 2.5 bar not a 2 bar sensor. you need part # 12615136 AC Delco 2 bar map sensor.

Tuner
    that would be correct 68 camaro on map sensor...this will fix all of your problems

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the cobalt map sensor is a 2.5 with an iat sensor built in, however, I have the baro sensor which is a 2 bar and is the part number listed above

Tuner in Training
    anyone? im at a standstill here and the truck isnt in very good shape...

at your altitude of 5000 ft. KOEO should be about 81 kpa. I read in another thread you started you stated that you had a 3.3 bar map sensor? Is this the sensor you still have? If so that sensor will never work with the map settings you have - that sensor is not a good choice anyway because it won't read below 33 kpa. you need a good 2 bar map sensor as I said earlier - if you really do have the correct sensor then something is wrong with your scanner/histo/pid setup.

o and I have never seen a map sensor with iat built in -- I have seen a maf sensor with it built in tho.

Tuner in Training
    i have gotten rid of the 3.3 because i heard that it was junk. so i got the baro sensor which can be used as a map sensor from a cobalt ss. it is 2 bar, the cobalt ss has a 2.5 bar map sensor that is after the factory supercharger with a built in IAT sensor. Check out some other forums and websites and you will find others stating the same. but do you have any idea what else i might need to change. could it be any of the codes that i had to turn off?

no codes will affect map scaling. instead of 200 for your max scale try 250 and see if this fixes it.

Tuner in Training
    OK but leave the other at 8.33?

Tuner in Training
    bought the same map sensor from a local parts store. it will be here on friday. only thing i can think of is that the sensor is faulty. or i got ebay scammed just like so many others in this cruel world lol.

Tuner
    What ended up happening I'm having the same issues at the same altitude I got mine from AutoZone though 05 Cobalt I even tried using the settings from that year Cobalt ss