Thread: new 2000 ECM, getting it to a 3 bar SD setup with HPtuners, how do I do it?

Tuner

new 2000 ECM, getting it to a 3 bar SD setup with HPtuners, how do I do it?

Hey guys. Bear with me here as I explain what I have going on. I have a Turbo Camaro that is having some ECM issues with fueling when it gets hott so I want to replace it with a 2000 ECM that I got from a buddy. The ECM in the car right now is the original 1999 ECM that a buddy of mine a few years ago upgraded to 01-02 tune for me because of the addition of some new tables with the 01-02 cars. When I finished the turbo build I then had a shop tune it and load the ECM with a 3 bar SD OS. So now I have this 2000 ECM that I want to get to this very state of the current ECM I have now. How do I go about doing this? Do I flash it with an 01-02 tune to get it to that point then license it to the 3 bar SD OS or can I straight from the 2000 ECM to the 3 bar SD OS and it will have all the tables that an 01-02 ECM has? I have the existing tune file from my 99 ECM so can I just do a write entire for that file to the new ECM and be done with it? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tording99z28; 08-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.