Thread: KR at less than 2,000 RPM ??

Tuner in Training

KR at less than 2,000 RPM ??

On this tune, I had this car at the drag strip and saw a max of 1.5 KR; it's a daily driver & I recently did a MAF tune on it; I'm really surprised to see some KR in the Low RPM band.

I scanned for a good hour on my last interstate cruise at 80 MPH & very early in the scan you can see where I went to 30% TPS - around 2,000 RPM and was getting 1 degree KR ???

Screen shot and scan file:

False KR.png

6-16-13-cruise control 80mph.hpl

I want to lean my tune for under 2,500 RPM next to get 30+ MPG... After I figure out this KR problem :-S

No need to worry about that small amount of KR. The knock sensors on the V6's are way too sensitive.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Yeah nothing to worry about but you would benifit from a drop in iat 111 is getting up there depending on ambient temp

Tuner in Training
    I have a K&N air intake that has a little "shield" but it's a far cry from a true Cold Air Intake. I just built some shields to prevent the cone from sucking warm air by the headers... I'll scan and see what the difference is in my ambient temp verses Air Intake. Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    It is because you are in 4th gear, 30% throttle is under the PE point, but it is needed. If you put it in third at the same speed and did the same throttle you would have no KR. Or you can play with the PE tables to add fuel in this situation