Thread: VE Table with 2 Bar Enhancement

Tuner in Training

VE Table with 2 Bar Enhancement

Hi All,

I'm now once again looking to tune my VE tables like I used to using the Bluecat tool in my 2008 C6

When running on the enhanced 2 BAR the Engine - Airflow - Speed Density isn't there thus not allowing to import
    Constant
    MAP2
    MAP
    MAP.RPM
    RPM2
    RPM

Is there a procedure out there to populate the 'new' Engine - General - Main VE tables on the 2 Bar Enhanced MAP?

Cheerz in advance

Steve
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    E force 599HP kit, 3.25 pulley
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    160 stat, Dewitts Radiator
    LG 1 7/8 Superpros, delete cats, xpipe
    Century Built 6l80e, Ext. Transmission Cooler
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear

Use the Virtual VE to build a VE table from your factory OS. Also be sure to use the correct VE format which is the bigger numbers, not the 0-100% style your used to seeing. Dont forget to paste all three tables! let me know how it works out for you. Im still having issues getting mine to act right.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Advanced Tuner
    I have to get to that one day soon. It runs so well maf only that I keep putting it off.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Tuner in Training
    Since I have the E-force, should I use that tune as the datum to build the VE tables?

Also is there anything else to do once thats being built and uploaded?

finally, when you mention use the corect format, do you mean to use the 1.75Bar when selecting the type in the Bluecat tool, that one seems to have the same table format as shown in the enhancement?
    Last edited by mrgillies; 05-18-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear

Tuner in Training
    After running the Bluecat the image below is the data that is generated after I went Import - equations - Generate VE Tales - Generate Equations (to enhance the info) - Generate VE Tables and the image is the VE Table output.

Copy and pasting that the the VE Tables on the Enhanced 2Bar it only shows the positive values, I'm I missing something or being stupid?

Thanks

LS3VETable.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mrgillies; 05-18-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear

Tuner in Training
    I guess I have to adjust the Cyl Displacement to .775 (cyl) to equal 6.2L and select VE% Still the negative numbers don't import

LS3_VETable.JPG

I'm following these instructions from V3, does anyone know where to get the updated ones for V4?

Here’s how to tune the VE (Bluecat V3):

1. Put the car in open loop
    2. Fail the MAF by setting the MAF Fail High to 0
    3. Flash and reset fuel trims in case there are any residuals left over from the last time you were in closed loop
    4. Start logging on a warmed up motor. I usually start with the lower RPM and MAP's to get the cruise areas out of the way, then work on WOT on a whole seperate log.
    5. In your tune, go into Engine, Airflow, Dynamic Airflow and open the following tables:

a. Zone RPM Boundaries
    b. Zone MAP Boundaries

6. Open Engine, Airflow, Speed Density and open the following tables:

a. Constant
    b. MAP2
    c. MAP
    d. MAP.RPM
    e. RPM2
    f. RPM

7. Open the EQ VE program and click on “HPTuner Hooks” and click “Copy Equations from HPTuner”. Click OK to the confirmation dialog
    8. Allow the program to copy the values out, don’t mess with any windows while it’s doing it’s thing. It’s done when it says, “Copy Data Complete”
    9. Click on “Gen Table”, “OK”, “No” to populate the EQ VE program’s LS2 VE table
    10. Make sure you have your histo open for the VE table AFR error.
    11. In the VE Table screen of my program, enable edits, then click "Analysis Modify" then "Apply HP Scanner Data".
    12. Let the program copy the data from your histo. After the copy is complete, a new window will open, select the action's (I.E. multiply, minimum counts and such) you want to do and click "Start".
    13. A new window will appear again with a data grid of the data to apply, click "Apply to Table".
    14. Back on the main screen, click “Gen Equation”, “OK”
    15. Click on “HPTuner Hooks”, “Send Equations to HPTuner”, “OK”, wait for it to complete and click “OK”.
    16. Save the tune file and flash it to the car. Start again with step 4 until AFR Error is within +-5%
    Last edited by mrgillies; 05-19-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    2008 Corvette C6 A6
    ZR1 Cam, ATI Balancer
    3200 Yank
    2.73 rear