Thread: C5 corvette idle but dies when touch the gaz pedal vcm shows 0.00v on tps(v)

C5 corvette idle but dies when touch the gaz pedal vcm shows 0.00v on tps(v)

hi i would like to know why my 99 C5 is diing when i touch the gaz pedal ..
    DTC are TCS c1278
    PO645 PO650
    bcm B0090 B1001

i was asking me why i dont have any voltage for the TPS voltage on the VCM scanner..
    the car start and idle but die when i touch the gaz pedal...
    the motor shut off dramatically and if i remove my feet from the pedal it come back to idle ..
    seem like the PCM is cuting the injectors...

can someone could help me ..

re

does someone as an idea ... i put the tune from when i was running N/A but nothing changed

here is the tune if it helps

i ll try to post the log

re

try to post the log

re

Quote Originally Posted by driver240 View Post
    i ll try to post the log
    last week i send the car in a race shop and they tune my car in MAF 1bar but the car was in 2 bar SD
    so the guy who did the tune put a 1 bar in it with the 2bar Map .. the car was running bad .. and it was not running every time it was cranking
    so i went to race shop to see what happen and i changed the map because i was reading 1/2 of map pressure like 50kpa on KOEO ..
    when i finally put the stock map on the car it was starting every time but when i hit the gaz pedal it dies then if i release it idle ..

do you guys tinks that the pcm could have burned..?? already see that bad MAP left to long can kill a ecm..??

Your tune is posted but not a log. Log will have a file extension with .hpl
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Get rid of your DTC's and log your ETC position% and voltage. I've read about DTC 650 causing reduced engine power mode and I see the 1278, which always seems to accompany the Reduced Engine Power mode. 650 sounds like a tough code to track down, so I hope you have some patience and perseverance.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Quote Originally Posted by driver240 View Post
    hi i would like to know why my 99 C5 is diing when i touch the gaz pedal ..
    DTC are TCS c1278
    PO645 PO650
    bcm B0090 B1001

i was asking me why i dont have any voltage for the TPS voltage on the VCM scanner..
    the car start and idle but die when i touch the gaz pedal...
    the motor shut off dramatically and if i remove my feet from the pedal it come back to idle ..
    seem like the PCM is cuting the injectors...

can someone could help me ..
    DTC C1278 TCS Temporarily Inhibited By PCM

DTC P0645 Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Relay Control Circuit
    DTC P0650 Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Control Circuit
    DTC B0090 Active Switch Voltage Out of Range (SIR)
    DTC B1001 Option Configuration Error(SIR)

My friend these dtc has nothing to do with pedal position sensor
    try to scan again and check if you get any DTC regarding throttle position sensor/app sensor or maf

Last edited by vette_doc; 05-20-2013 at 05:49 AM.

I noticed you failed your MAF and you mentioned that you are TT. Is the MAF failure permanent or temporary. Was it something that you recently changed in the tune? Was the car running before you changed it? You could quite possibly only need to work on the VE table to solve this problem and need to know that it's only the secondary VE that works when you have the MAF failed. As I mentioned earlier, log the ETC% and see if it shows movement. With a TT setup, I highly recommend an upgrade to a 2 or 3 bar SD operating system, but would recommend you get the car running before switching so you don't complicate things.

re

Quote Originally Posted by blownbluez06 View Post
    I noticed you failed your MAF and you mentioned that you are TT. Is the MAF failure permanent or temporary. Was it something that you recently changed in the tune? Was the car running before you changed it? You could quite possibly only need to work on the VE table to solve this problem and need to know that it's only the secondary VE that works when you have the MAF failed. As I mentioned earlier, log the ETC% and see if it shows movement. With a TT setup, I highly recommend an upgrade to a 2 or 3 bar SD operating system, but would recommend you get the car running before switching so you don't complicate things.

ok i m YSi supercharged and i add a lot fuel in the ve table , 70 - 105 kpa in maf and it seem to be a lot better...
    but now have problem with WOT taht is very lean..
    try to multiply values in MAF table vs frequency at higher rpm
    here is these change in the tune..

As you can see your MAF is already maxed out up top and you're already "raping" the PE to try and get fueling up top. Are you logging fuel pressure? Are you boost referenced? Based on your IFR table, you are. What's your base pressure with the vacuum line off? Is the pressure dropping up top? Without logging fuel pressure, you can tell you've lost fuel pump supply when you continue commanding more fuel and don't get results. Also, your injector table won't work well when you get things going due to airflow ceiling.. You'll go into Reduced Engine Power mode when you hit that ceiling. The only way you're not going to hit it is if you're running low boost.