Thread: Please check my LNF tune

Please check my LNF tune

Hello guys this is my First LNF car that I tune. It is completely different than what I am used to in the V8 world, direct injection is a complete different animal. I have read all the stickies and bible and I have learned a whole lot. But as anything practice makes perfection and i do not practice much on this car. I need you guys to help me out here. With stock turbo and base bolt ons the car made 342 SAE on a mix of 93/e85. The car had no problems when i tune it but after he says he gets a cut or something. I am thinking it could because the car is over the injector window. Is there anything else that could be. I have tried messing with the injector phasing but have had no luck.

He recently got a k06 wheel on his turbo. I retuned the car street tuned. The following tune and log is from last night. Guys what could be causing the problem . Also please tell me what I can do to make the tune better.

Thanks

What blend of E are you running and did you rape the maf or change the inj constant for fueling? (Sorry, can't open the tune here)

Since I can't open the log either, log the fuel rail pressure if you aren't already.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 04-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

No raping the maf. I dialed it in as normal. The only difference is this car has the maf at the turbo intake instead of the UPP pipe. I am logging the fuel pressure and around 4000 rpm where there is max boost it drops. I have it commanding about 17.8 fuel pressure. It is on a 1:1 mix of e85 and 93.

From my personal stand point, things are a tad aggressive for my own liking. I'm not sure ho much boost you're shooting for here but setting the DALs in the 90 and 100 columns to 300 from 3520rpm and up plus having your MAL table maxed at 2700rpm and up especially on the stock map sensors is just risky IMO unless you're logging your dyno pulls with a boost reference input that we obviously can't see in the log you posted. Also, make good use of the MAF Correction table. I noticed you oned out the whole table haven't scaled it beyond that which is noticable in your trims. I also think your injector constant is a tad on the high side, but again, that's just my oppinion. There's kind of alot to comment on in the tune but those are areas I would at last consider addressing first.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

The injector constant is pretty high, for 50/50 mix it should be about 15% higher than stock. Iirc it would be .03266 or something. I would recommend lower the boost down a bit, no reason the dal table needs to be over 255. And the timing table needs raised and smoothed out. Try running 35-40* during cruise and 22-24* at wot. Ethanol likes timing! As for the fuel pressure, I only command 15mpa, 17.8 for E47 just seems overkill to me. I will have to look at the log and see where this cuts out like you say.
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    300 dals on stock sensors always lands in the 30psi range way hot even for e fuel
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Ill post a guide for injector constants later tonight lnf platform
    I do transfer this to other platforms but with only with caution.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Thanks for the input guys. I lowered the DAL to 260. ther MAT table i smoothed it out from 3500 down. I may have multiplied the constant by 30% i dont remember that is why prob so high. But should no matter as long as the car is dialed in correctly, right ???? Also anything more than this timing the car will knock. keep the feedback coming and thanks for the help.

If he is running E47, best to start by getting the correct inj constant in there. Take the stock inj constant, mult by 1.15 and use that, then dial in the MAF. If you use 30%, then reduce the MAF it MAY be ok, but going the opposite way and increasing the MAF causes excessive load readings (high airloads) and can cause other issues.

I don't see what the E blend is in your post or pm.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel