Thread: Config Setup after First Time Connected to Vehicle

Potential Tuner

Config Setup after First Time Connected to Vehicle

I install HPT on laptop and connect it to vehicle for the first time. All of the programed PID's for that vehicle are validated and show up in the scanner. I can sit there and set up config's, look at all the PID's, make new user PID's, histograms etc etc. However say it is very cold or hot outside or for some other reason I would prefer to do the tasks listed above in the comfort of the house.

1.Since HPT has now been connected once are the validations saved in the program so the tasks can be done disconnected from the vehicle in the future or do I have to go back out and physically connect to the vehicle every time I want to work on the scanner/configs/pids?

I am hoping the info is saved cause it could be very inconvenient to have to sit in the car connected to do the work especially when a beginners learning curve can take a lot of time.

2. If the validations are saved can they be transferred from the laptop to my desktop with HPT on it? I would prefer to do the work on the desktop with large monitor, nice mouse etc then move those files back to the laptop. Old eyes don't work well with small screens and I would only like to use the laptop when connected to the car.

I know the desktop to laptop transfer will work with tune files but what about scanner/configs/pids?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bernie; 02-10-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Yes they are save and I believe (can remember exactly and where exactly) go into scanner configs and look for your Osid you working on and put that in the same folder directory on your desktop as it is on your laptop.