Thread: PP 101MM Cable driven tb...HELP!!

Tuner in Training

PP 101MM Cable driven tb...HELP!!

A buddy of mine has bought a Typhoon intake and a 101mm tb from Performance products,This is installed on a lq9 with a 232/234 cam.The reason he choose this combo is because its installed in a 51 chevy truck...show truck. He asked me to help him tune the truck and I thought I was up for the challenge,after 8 hours of fooling with it and searching I realize I'm in over my head. Can you guys give me some pointers for setting this this tb up? I have tried to get the tps voltage to under .70 and I still get a low voltage code,not to mention the wacky fuel trims.

Use the scanner to show TPS volts, you should be able to get that TB to around .53 volts before you run out of set screw.

Then do a TPS reset when your done

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Use the scanner to show TPS volts, you should be able to get that TB to around .53 volts before you run out of set screw.

Then do a TPS reset when your done
    You can clock the tps sensor and I dont know where to start adjusting the set screw from,does that make sense?

Opening the set screw opens the blade increasing TPS
    Closing the set screw closes the blade decreasing TPS

When your done adjusting uplug the TPS and IAC, turn key off for a few seconds, plug them back in and and TPS percent will be at 0 and TPS voltage will be what you have it set it.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    I understand what opening and closeing the set screw does to tps voltage...Thing is you dont have to adjust the screw on this tb because the tps sensor mounting tab is clockable for about 180 degrees.My question is how much should the throttle body blade be opened b4 I start adjusting the tps. Too much and iac will be out of whack...too little and it will die with a quick stab of the throttle.

Tuner in Training
    Got the throttle position sensor issue worked out so it's not throwing a tps low voltage code anymore. Now the fuel trims are high and the idle is hanging. I have yet to drive it. What all should be changed in the tune to compensate for this huge throttle body? The tune still thinks it's a 78mm.