Thread: 08 sierra v8 DSL- licensed, no license found

Tuner in Training

08 sierra v8 DSL- licensed, no license found

Just went to do a gear change on an 08 v8 DSL Sierra 4wd ( allison trans ) Did some searching to see if there was something that much be done ( like a fuse pull ) or anything specific to do a tune on these and found nothing. So Pulled the file, which Took a very long time ( about 20 mins ) Asked for credits to be applied, and applied 2 GM creds to make gear change and during the write of changes it won't allow the file to be applied and states I don't have proper license and asks to apply 2 more GM credits.

The funny part was this is the only truck of this year model type that I have on this cable, and when asking me to apply more creds it shows that it only takes 5 more for year model, so it recognises that I have credits for this type of truck.

Am I missing something easy with this, don't wont to buy year model for this truck as I will never use it and was trying to do something cheap and easy at the cost of just credits for the customer. <3
    Fight Win Prevail - Joe - 97 Special Edition

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    compare the pcm id numbers from the file you pulled to what the computer shows now. Hpt seems to have an error with the pcm id's on diesels.

Tuner in Training
    Turned out to be a Banks piggy back programmer plugged inline to the main harness under the hood of the truck. After removal of the banks piggy back harness- tuning was possible.
    Fight Win Prevail - Joe - 97 Special Edition