Thread: 2007 colorado tune

Potential Tuner

2007 colorado tune

Does anyone have files of their tuned pcm? I have made changes on mine, but I know that it could be much better.

Potential Tuner
    Here is my file. No cats, k&N ported throttle body.

I just glanced at it- some things that stick out:

1. Engine/Airflow/Dynamic- change the upper value to 1, lower to 0. Should get you some MPG. Be sure to tune your MAF to +/- 4%. Disables SD.

2. Engine/TM/Engine- change the temp to 493 or whatever the highest is.

3. Engine/TM/General- zero out those tables.

4. Engine/Fuel/PE- Enrichment ramp in value should be 2, delay 0, change MAP and MAP Hyst to 0. Raise Piston Protection higher- upper rpm.

5. Engine/Cutoff and DFCO/ enable 1150, disable 1050

6. System/AC- I set mine above cruise rpm- disable at 3000, re-enable at 2700. I'd lower your TPS as well so you don't have to be at 100% throttle.

Just some ideas. Also, make sure you aren't running E10 with this tune- it will flub your MAF tuning. If you insist on running E10, change stoich to @ 14.13ish and tune away. You'll have to lower the values in the scanner if you are filtering PE and DFCO from cruising data.
    Hawk

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much. I assume that there are a few threads on tuning the MAF.

Potential Tuner
    When I am looking at the power enrichment ratio vs rpm, eq ratio is the only value that I see that can be changed.
    Last edited by rado83; 11-07-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I figured out how to get most of those to show up, but under dynamic flow are you talking about the rpm's?
    2007 COLORADO 3.7; GUTTED BOTH CATS, K&N, PORTED THROTTLE BODY.

Go to engine/fuel/general/stoich.

I also turn off LTFT's. Engine/Fuel/Open and Closed Loop/LTFT Enable set both to 493.

MAF tuning in a nutshell- my preference is to leave things like PE, DFCO, etc on in the tune and filter them out with the scanner- then you take the data you log, and apply it to your maf table using the paste special feature and multiply by % - half.

Don't try to tune PE without a WBo2. Period. You can ball park up to PE with the NB's.

I attached a couple configs to help you get going- there's also some posted in the sticky in this section. The 89 one is for E10- the other is for 87 and 'premium'. Add and delete parameters as you need them- they are set up for what I needed at the time.

Read, read read. There's a HUGE learning curve to this software. Pick up Banish's books, read it. Read it again. Read the forums. Read the V8, V6 and I4 tuning side of things- the principles still apply to our I5's.
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by rado83 View Post
    I figured out how to get most of those to show up, but under dynamic flow are you talking about the rpm's?
    Correct. Disable =1, re-enable=0.
    Hawk

Potential Tuner
    What %, -half?

Potential Tuner
    Where did you post the files at?

%-Half is in "Paste Special" when you right click on the table you want to modify.

It looks like they didn't upload. There's some in the sticky in this section- last page or 2 I think. Hopefully they'll upload this time.
    Hawk

Hawk, why disable the Ltfts?

Tuner in Training
    I know a lot of guys just tune for the STFT and get rid of LTFT like he is talking about because some guys are always hot rodding or racing.

Hawk, mind looking at my tune? Truck runs pretty decent now, with PE sitting around 10.2 and 80%TPS or more according to the WB02. I am running Deka 80lb injectors with a PTB, and OTTP header. I am almost done with my Roots blower setup, just waiting on HPT for a bug fix with my A/C pressure reading and its going onto the truck. recommend any specific changes once the S/C is on? I included a scanner log as well

sorry Rado, didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance View Post
    Hawk, why disable the Ltfts?
    I disable LTFT because they hang on to 'junk'.....explained here:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13459

The .cfg's that I uploaded will work with them enabled or not- I use a LTFT+STFT formula for logging.

07ZQ8- On your tune, just looking at PE it seems that the ramp in is awfully slow....set it to 2. There's a 04 3.5 and a 3.7 Turbonetics H3 tune in the repository to look at- might want to DL those tunes and compare to see what they did where, and why. I would think the Turbonetics one would be a conservative (GM-esque) tune to baseline against.

I didn't look at your scan- could you upload your config (.cfg) that you took it with so we're looking at the same thing?

Trans/Auto TCC /TCC Duty Cycle Max,Min- 100, 90. Eliminates the PWM feature and changes the converter to lock/unlock.
    Hawk

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir, just installed a 2bar as well, trying to get her to run right at idle and while holding consistent RPM's

Hawk,

Thanks for the info. My ltfts hover around zero. So this may not help me.

I'd recommend not to disable LTFTs. I added why in the link that Hawk provided.

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance View Post
    I'd recommend not to disable LTFTs. I added why in the link that Hawk provided.
    The term hover is bothersome- they 'hover' at + or - 0. It can negatively affect your PE fueling depending on the value they lock in on.

When I first started tuning and logged LTFT and STFT seperately, I noticed if I logged in town where speeds were lower and temps where higher, it would hang onto a + number for LTFT, then, once on the 45mph+ and highways, LTFT's would gradually come down in the same cells that were + in town. This was similar to LTFT trending negative in the a.m. when it was colder out (30*), but then the same drive in the p.m. would trend less negative to positive when warmer (70-80*).

The only reason that I know of NOT to disable them is if an individual is not good about maintance and wants a CEL from LTFT's going over +25% when the fuel filter is plugged or the fuel pump is failing. I can't find the thread where I recall reading that, but that is the ONLY reason I could see. Not worth it to me.

I don't want the PCM automatically pulling or adding fuel because of a historical average, I want it fueling for the moment. Especially in PE.
    Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by HawkZ28 View Post
    The term hover is bothersome- they 'hover' at + or - 0. It can negatively affect your PE fueling depending on the value they lock in on.

When I first started tuning and logged LTFT and STFT seperately, I noticed if I logged in town where speeds were lower and temps where higher, it would hang onto a + number for LTFT, then, once on the 45mph+ and highways, LTFT's would gradually come down in the same cells that were + in town. This was similar to LTFT trending negative in the a.m. when it was colder out (30*), but then the same drive in the p.m. would trend less negative to positive when warmer (70-80*).

The only reason that I know of NOT to disable them is if an individual is not good about maintance and wants a CEL from LTFT's going over +25% when the fuel filter is plugged or the fuel pump is failing. I can't find the thread where I recall reading that, but that is the ONLY reason I could see. Not worth it to me.

I don't want the PCM automatically pulling or adding fuel because of a historical average, I want it fueling for the moment. Especially in PE.
    Hawk,

When I said hover, I meant +/- 1.5% over all RPMs and engine load. If either extreme LTFT value is used for PE, I'm OK with a +/-1.5% uncertainty in my WOT A/F.

Only using STFTs is not unheard of in cars in Europe, especially one's Bosche was involved in.

Here are some other things that would have caused LTFTs to add fuel at part throttle that leave you unprotected at PE with LTFTs disabled:

1) Dirty MAF causing less air to be read.
    2) Throttle body gasket leaking air
    3) PCV line behind throttle body leaking air
    4) Intake manifold gasket leaking air
    5) Partially clogged fuel injector
    6) PCV line between MAF and throttle body leaking air
    7) Brake booster line leaking air
    8) MAP sensor O-ring/gasket leaking air
    9) Fuel pressure regulator regulating low pressure
    10) Weak fuel pressure pump
    11) Clogged fuel filter

Granted that many of the air leaks become less of an issue at WOT when the intake manifold is running closer to atmospheric pressure. However, the fuel related items become more of an issue at WOT because at part throttle intake manifold vacuum helps fuel flow. At WOT when vacuum is much less, fuel delivery problems become a larger factor.

We can kindly agree to disagree. I've read a lot of your stuff in the past on here and the colorado sites and agree with it. Disabling LTFTs is not for me.

I will agree to disagree. that is the beauty of tuning is you can tailor it to what you want and your combination needs.

I still feel that the majority (in my case at least) of the trim drift at higher IAT is caused by transient fueling tables that we do not have access to with the P12.
    Hawk