Thread: Can anyone lend a hand?

Tuner in Training

Can anyone lend a hand?

My buddy wants to use my hp tuners for a quick basic tune. The problem is i dont know a thing about tuning lol I'm a chump when it comes to this. Im only a handy guy with engine stuff and backyard mechanic things haha. Anyways he has an lsj like me. Can anyone do a basic tune or a base tune for him? I told him I would try to help him out and get him one since no one around us does it.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Quote Originally Posted by liljello93 View Post
    My buddy wants to use my hp tuners for a quick basic tune. I dont know a thing about tuning. Im only a handy guy with engine stuff and backyard mechanic things. Can anyone do a basic tune or a base tune for him? I told him I would try to help him out.
    If you're lucky, I'm sure sombody will be kind enough to help out. Mabey you can learn to tune, score a tune off of someone, or follow advice on how to tweak your tune. Make sure the car has no DTC's and is in tip top running shape. Post a copy of the specific tune that will be worked on, along with a scan of it at idle, cruise, WOT, and decel. Several people have posted up some good scan configs. in this section throughout the past, so grab one of those configs to use before scanning. And be sure to list all the vehicle modifications pertaining to engine output, condition of running, or control. Just curious, may I ask what you've mainly been using HPT for up untill now?
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 10-22-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response! I had hptuners for awhile now and I got lucky enough to have someone help me with my tune in the past. The tune I got is perfect and im thankful for the help. I asked the guy who did mine if he can do my friends as well but things changed for him now cause of work and I can understand that lol. So maybe my friend will get lucky as well. And for the scan configs can I create my own config or do I need a specific config to post on this thread for people to view it?

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Either way works. The ones in the forum will have usually included all the PID's and Status Bits everyone will want you to be showing them. Or read around to see what they usually ask for and use general logic. Do it yourself and learn more. I've saved seperate config. setups for transmission stuff, WOT and partial cruise tuning, missfire diag, ect....

Tuner in Training
    alright thanks for your help! ill repost the configs and ect.. on this thread and hopefully someone can help out.

Well might be easier to help with the tune with mod list so we have a idea what your looking for.

Tuner in Training
    ZZP dual pass intercooler plate
    ZZp front mount intercooler
    ZZP 2.8 inch pulley
    ZZP stage 3 tune
    ZZP catless down pipe
    Vibrant 3 inch exhaust
    K&N typhoon CAI
    ZZP 60# injectors

Dont mind helping out. Post the tune your using for the datalogs so we can see where your at.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    Thankyou so much! when my friend gets home from work i will upload his tune! thanks again

Man your fuel trims are so so so far off. You really need to fix those and are you using a wideband in this car when you do pulls?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah he said his car is running rich. And the tune has never been touched lol so I guess all the mods are just making it messed up?

Try using this maf table to see if fuel trims are closer.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! And sorry for the late reaponse. I just dealt with hurricane sandy and lost my house

Tuner in Training
    bump

You try using the maf table in your tune?