Thread: Any Help

Any Help

The tune seems to make decent power but obciously its got alot of kr Anyhelp? ive evel pulled 10* of timing and it was still showing 11 /12 kr

I would look into a different config file first because that scan doesnt look right on my scan... the WB lambda 1 values you have are all over the place, Iat thru the rough and knock retard all the time! hopefully mines wrong lol. i attached my config if you would like to use it or go to the thread started by GMTech specifically for his config file, his is a good one to use

Wow, you are really having some serious issues here man.

First off, the car is never able to enter closed loop due to your engine temp never exceeding 75* (which is damn near impossible even if you maxed out all of your fan settings and your thermostat failed wide open). Your maf looks shot which is causing completely screwy iat and frequency signals back to the ecm, which is ultimately a large reason why your lambda readings are off the chart rich. Even if you lambda sensor (b1s1 o2) was shot, the simple fact that the ecm is never able to enter into closed loop makes it very hard to tell. It also looks like the lower map sensor could be shot as well (you're not monitoring iat2's or low res map readings so it's sorta tough to tell for sure), which coupled with the funky maf readings, is contributing heavily to your wacky afr readings.

Basically it looks like 1 of a few things is happening here....

A: The maf, coolant temp sensor, lower map sensor and possibly your lambda sensors are all bad.

B: The ecm is completely shot. (seems the most likely issues here)

C: The ecm is shot along with 1 or 2 of the sensors being bad

D: The wiring harness is bad, shorted, or chewed through from rodents. If that's the case then A through C is completely possible as well.

Long and short of it man, do not drive the car! You definitely have some major issues going on here and a bunch of troubleshooting to do in order to avoid catastrophic issues. Your best bet here imo is to just bring the car to a dealer if you aren't comfortable with performing the necessary diagnostics on the car.
    Last edited by Freakotec; 09-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

we put the stock tune back on the car and it was still showing 11*kr at idle
    Think hes gonna take it to the dealership.

If the sensors I mentioned, harness or the ecm is bad, no amount of tuning will solve your problem until the hardware problem is resolved. I'm not saying this to be a jerk at all, but I think you overlooked quite a few things here or don't really know what you're looking at if you missed all the signs.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

my first guess was that the maf was shot. no dude i know ur not tryin to be a dick. I was putting on the same basic tune that i ran just fine on my car and instantly his was showing 11* KR

does the car actually feel like its running as bad as the data log indicates?

no the car was pulling hard and running like a champ. then I checked the scan and was like

I had him do a log for me and I cant open it on my comp. any ideas why? I followed the instructional video on how to open configurations but it isn't working

Tuner
    Is there any way to test whether our ECU is bad or not? lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    There are a few codes that if thrown and don't go away mean its internally broken otherwise its check sensor functions and signals.... If all correct then Ecu swap to verify error if possible.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

trying to open this log

try this

Those are configurations for the logger your using the wrong save button. The one you need to click is under scan.

got it figured out. He was saving the config and sending me that. He needed to save the data as and send me that. any advise on this. I told him to flash it back to stock and he is soposed to send me another scan.

If the car is running like a champ and pulling hard i would recommend reinstalling the HP Scanner because it looks like its getting its signals crossed... IAT and ECT look flip flopped, WB signal rises and falls like the MAF or VE signal, knock retard does not look like that ever on the scanner, MAP sensor barely changes.. etc!! Some sensors do look correct tho like ign timing, MAF, injectors, RPM...

Basically I'm saying you would know if the car was running like the scanner claims!

yeah it would probably not run lol! I recomended he reinstall hp and try it again. If it doesn't work Im gonna swap ecu's with him and try it.

He put the stock tune back on and everthing is going fine. Hes gonna put the tune back on and see if it takes it and doesn't act like a bitch