Thread: Ordering soon, please help

Tuner in Training

Ordering soon, please help

Hey guys, I've been waiting forever to order HPTuners. At first I was waiting for 2.0 for like a year, and now USB support. Anyway, I've got a 2002 Trans Am WS6 with an LS1. Right now, it has LT headers, dual exhaust out the back, lid, TB very soon, etc. In the future I'll probably put a cam and heads on it, but I'm in college so it may be a year or two. Anyway, I was just wondering if I should be considering 1 bar speed density. What are the benefits of this in my situation? Is it something that I can add on later? I read on the forum that there is an article on HPTuners homepage, but I can't find it, can somebody post a link? Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by matts222
    Anyway, I was just wondering if I should be considering 1 bar speed density. What are the benefits of this in my situation? Is it something that I can add on later? I read on the forum that there is an article on HPTuners homepage, but I can't find it, can somebody post a link? Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    You should consider it, being able to remove the maf which in itself is a restriction can theoretically give you more hp in itself, some of the larger cam guys go to SD just for better drivability, and ridding youself of the maf means 1 less thing you have to tune for. The custom 1 bar OS gives you full use of both octane maps rather then just the low octane with the stock OS as well as a few other parameters to edit.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    You should consider it, being able to remove the maf which in itself is a restriction can theoretically give you more hp in itself, some of the larger cam guys go to SD just for better drivability, and ridding youself of the maf means 1 less thing you have to tune for. The custom 1 bar OS gives you full use of both octane maps rather then just the low octane with the stock OS as well as a few other parameters to edit.
    Thanks, that clears some things up.

I've still got a couple questions though. If you get rid of the MAF, do you just deactivate it with the tuning software, or do you remove it from the car? Also, what is the advantage of being able to use both octane maps? I'm lost on that one.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    either or, & safety...having only use of one octane map means you have little to no kr protection
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Cool, thanks.

And I changed back to my old username that I had forgotten the password to until just now. Just in case you wondered if it was the same person.