Thread: 2007 ls7 tps at 22% tps at idle

Tuner in Training

2007 ls7 tps at 22% tps at idle

I have a friend that has asked me for some help after several shops have tried to tune his car. I am by no means a pro tuner but i believe if i can get an understanding of a coulpe of things i should be able to help hiim no problem. Its an ls7 with a decent sized cam swapped into an older vehicle and after looking at the tune i am basiclly gonna start from a fresh stock tune and go maf only tune without having to mess with the coefficient tables or anything like that. What has me puzzled is at idle when i am logging it, its very rich because it is at 22% tps and commanding around 12.9-13.0-1 A/f. I am gonna post the tune and log and see what you guys think and i guess we can go from there.

Tuner in Training
    ok i swear i searched and searched before posting this thread. I rarely ever post unless i have exhaust my searches. Is it possible that maybe some of the airflow tables are too high which is causing it to idle at 22% tps.. i am pretty new to tuning the gen IV pcm's. Man just when i got pretty good at gen III tuning gm has to go and change everything and i havent really had the change to spend a lot of time on the new pcm's
    Last edited by z06Hunter; 03-28-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    no one can help me with this??

Gen 4 TPS values are the duty cycle of the sensor I believe rather than the % open, the always show around 20% at idle and around 88% at WOT.
    I am a backyarder rather than an expert but some of that tune looks a bit odd, your PE enable table is set to 100% across the board.
    2010 GXP Maloo ute, LS3, 6L80E.
    MM heads, 240/252@50 solid cam, 12.75:1 compression, 4500 Dominator converter, 3.46 rears.
    Shooting for 10s eventually.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for your input. yea like i say the tune i posted is what i took from the vehicle after it was supposedly professionally tuned. the tune is def off more than just that for sure!

Tuner

over my head but...

Lots of issues. Transplanting an LS engine in an older car as you know requires a significant understanding of its electronics. Like o2 sensors which do not seem to be working properly in your log. They have not been disabled in the tune.

The tune has a number of unnecessary tuning changes. Also, it is set up for MAF tuning with PE and DFCO disabled? The low octane table has higher values than the high table and the injector flow rates appear to have been changed?

Probably need to start with a stock tune with all sensors working and only making cam related changes.