Thread: Idle problem when pressing in clutch

Idle problem when pressing in clutch

Hey guys having an interesting issue with my SC 2.4l which has become more problematic since I put on my lighter flywheel. I did rebuild the engine at the same time with lower compression 9.0 vs 10.4, but I am not sure what effect that would have since it did happen periodically before the build. Issue is when I press the clutch in while coasting down or engine braking the idle overshoots and drops to ~500 rpms then recovers and idles as normal.

I noticed it does not do this if I blip the throttle at idle. It comes down and idles normally. Same thing if I am accelerating and press in the clutch to shift, but I just let the idle drop, it will not overshoot. It seems that while I am engine braking the throttle follower decays and then when I press in the clutch it overshoots. I have made adjustments to the throttle follower and it does make noticeable changes, but not for my issue.

Running MAF only with SC/60s/Alum Flywheel/Ported head/Ported LSJ TB.

Attached is a log showing the idle issue. At about 25sec I press in the clutch and it goes under 500rpm and again at around 37 sec.

Hopefully this crap makes sense. Any input is appreciated.
    Last edited by hhrfreek; 01-31-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Clutch pedal switch working ok? Seeing the input in the table?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Is that the same switch used to tell the pcm if the clutch is depressed on start up? If so it is working. I don't see a way to log it.
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Quote Originally Posted by hhrfreek View Post
    Is that the same switch used to tell the pcm if the clutch is depressed on start up? If so it is working. I don't see a way to log it.
    status bit......

P&P Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    status bit......
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47

Switch is working ok
    Solstice GXP
    6758/E47