Thread: 98 Vortec VE tables

Advanced Tuner

98 Vortec VE tables

Hey guys Im working on cleaning up the tune on my truck and I was searching and didnt find anything about tuning the VE tables on this (which is why they are the same they were in this thread from nearly 3 years ago.)

Can someone please tell me the proper way to tune the VE tables on this? Is it as simple as Paste Special > Multiply by %?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLD_LS1 View Post
    Hey guys Im working on cleaning up the tune on my truck and I was searching and didnt find anything about tuning the VE tables on this (which is why they are the same they were in this thread from nearly 3 years ago.)

Can someone please tell me the proper way to tune the VE tables on this? Is it as simple as Paste Special > Multiply by %?
    I have never done one with the VE table like that but if you set up your histogram to log afr % error then you would just paste special mutiply by %. Then you would have to cut/paste to fill the secondary table after changing the primary table. Of course you would have to command open loop, turn off COT, DCFO, fuel trims, MAF before logging the VE same as any VE tuning.
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks flame, I guess I will just give that a try as no one else replied

Do you have a wideband? Id use a wideband for the upper RPM tuning. Or are you just wanting to tune the regular driving RPM's for now?
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Advanced Tuner
    I do have a dynojet wideband but its currently installed in the car. just looking for normal driving tune