Thread: 1999 2 door Tahoe 4x4

Potential Tuner

1999 2 door Tahoe 4x4

Hey guys I will be purchasing Hp tuners suite in a few weeks and I will be a first time user of any tuner software, does anyone recommend puschasing the Greg Banish books? My Tahoe has the stock Vortec 350 except for bolt-ons like CAI, Throttle body spacer, roller rockers. I will also be installing shorty headers, underdrive pulley kit, at the same time I get the software. Also will there be any issues if I install a MSD ignition box since I was wanting to put in a MSD 6al2. I do a lot of offroading and hill climbing in desert sand so I want to get the most power I can.

All knowledge and self education is always a worthwhile pursuit. The great thing about books is that they can last forever - unlike CDs or DVDs.

I own most (or all) of Greg's books - and would highly recommend them.

The Vortec PCM in your Tahoe has a somewhat limited tuning potential. Upgrading to a 512 Kb PCM (P01) from a 1999-2002 vehicle (it doesn't need to be the semi-famous "0411" variety) will open up your tuning options.

The swap is easy to do - the PCM pins are the same (Micro-Pack 100W female). An internet search of "0411 swap" should provide you with a general overview.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Shrek I'll should be getting HPTuners next weekend and the book also.