Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners - Can you do this!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cmt_cibarra View Post
    PSYKOSTEVO... sensor is very incased with metal... so I really doubt that..

Flame... try it out and no joy....
    I know it's got a little pin sized hole that leads to it though. Was just thinking about that.

TTZ06Vette

NO such luck..... but I did reflash it and just to verify it did had the same values of the IDLE.... so I believe my ECM is good.. but if you know a way to find out if my ECM is good? please let me know.. because if I replace the pedal and it does not work.. the last item to do is to change out the ecm....
    Just doesn't make sense that you would fry your ECM from cleaning your TB. When you did the relearn that I recommended, you didn't touch the gas pedal during he calibration right? My new TB ran like crap and kept going into limp mode until I let the ECM learn where the closed position was based on this sequence. I tried everything prior to that including thinking I had a bad TB.
    Is there any chance your throttle plate is getting hung up or you damaged it while cleaning it by manually moving it? Know anyone with a throttle body you could swap in and try?

Tuner
    ttz06vette..
    THe car does idle when not moving... when you drive and coast it will idle high,, until you come a dead stop it will idle back to the 650....

Take 20% out of your min airflow tables and give it a try.

Tuner
    SO today i sloved the issue,, well the dealership did.. they did a complete flash of the ecm as well the update... so therefore.. i think that HP tuners is not doing a complete replace of the ecm config... please advise if I did it wrong...... maybe it needs to be in the next hp tuners software.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    Something else is wrong. No need to relearn anything after taking the T-body off and then back on.
    If you cleaned it because dirt / oil was keeping the blade open you do need to do a relearn.

Tuner
    Did a relearn... no such luck on it...

Advanced Tuner
    also the relearn is done with the key on engine off.
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Advanced Tuner
    I cleaned the TB on my 2007 tahoe because i was getting a DTC for tps. I took it off, cleaned it and put it back on. I even swapped it out for a new one I had thinking it was damaged and it was the same.

1) Idle was high
    2) Would drive through the brakes ( because the idle was high)
    3) Felt like I had cruise control (again all relating to high idle)

Now GM has a relearn procedure specifically for this and it doesn't work just a bunch of BS. What actually worked for me was just driving the damn thing for about a week everyday.

Advanced Tuner
    if you have tps codes gm has a re-flash and a new throttle body cover assembly.
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    also the relearn is done with the key on engine off.

That is not correct. This is the info found in Mitchell1 and Alldata. Some models you can use a Tech 2 for but I have yet to see that actually working.

Procedure 4 Throttle/Idle Learn

Description

The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the cor-
    rect idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle
    position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.

Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure

• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507
    are not set.
    • The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
    • The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
    • The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
    • The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.

Throttle Learn

Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
    (DTC) List - Vehicle.

1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
    2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
    3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
    4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
    5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
    6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.

Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed
    DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.

If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
    speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.

7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.

If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
    and repeat step 6.

8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.

* Step 6 is the "Drive Cycle"
    Last edited by HoP; 01-18-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: added info

Advanced Tuner
    the tech 2 relearn is done with the key on engine off, we use it all the time after a t/b is cleaned or replaced

straight from gm:

Throttle Learn

Reset Procedure (Performed after the throttle body is cleaned or replaced)
    1. Ignition ON, engine OFF, perform the Idle Learn Reset in Module Setup with a scan tool.

2. Start the engine and monitor the TB Idle Airflow Compensation parameter. The TB Idle Airflow Compensation value should equal 0 percent and the engine should be idling at a normal idle speed.

3. Clear the DTCs and return to the diagnostic that referred you here.

The engine control module (ECM) learns the airflow through the throttle body to ensure the correct idle. The learned airflow values are stored within the ECM. These values are learned to adjust for production variation and will continuously learn during the life of the vehicle to compensate for reduced airflow due to throttle body coking. Anytime the throttle body airflow rate changes, for example due to cleaning or replacing, the values must be relearned.

An engine that had a heavily coked throttle body that has been cleaned or replaced may take several drive cycles to learn out the coking. To accelerate the process, the scan tool has the ability to reset all learned values back to zero. A new ECM will also have values set to zero.

The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the learned values do not match the actual airflow
    Last edited by camaro1; 01-18-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Tuner
    Yep that is correct Camaro1.. but all in all a computer reflash did the job ooo by the way no DTC's.. trust i was really in a road block..

Potential Tuner
    I Have Had This Issue Whith Customer Truck Pulled My Hair For Hours In The End A Long.......... Road Test And All Was Well Still Do Not Understand What Or Why It Did This

Advanced Tuner
    On page one Chris at HP tuners has said he is going to add this to the scanner functions so that we can do it quickly in the future
    1997 Trans Am WS6 - LS1 swap - TR224 - Pacesetter Longtubes - Yank SS3600
    - 3.42 Moser 12 bolt - Wilwood Brakes - HP Tuners tuned - P1SC-1 Procharger

Tuner
    Well recall that my issues were the following..

1. high idle while driving only. 2k RPM
    2. good idle while stop at a red light or even turn on the vette. 650 RPM
    3. Moving the vette, will put the idle high again.. no matter what gear and yes it did feel like cruise control.
    4. HP tuners has the idle correct, the relearn idle puts the values on the idle table..
    5. Computer was just basically stuck and couldn't move at all from it's point..
    Overall -Idle relearn is to input those values again but when I used HP tuners to do a complete write it did not do anything at all.
    6. Question: Why will a flash from the dealership actually work and not HP tuners?

Number 6 is what's going through my head several of times even to this day. I need a answer to that question.. because ultimately it will help HP software engineers to make their product better.

My truck just started having this issue!
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner
    IDRIVEAG8GT....

Have you tried what I have tried...

ok i added this to VCM Controls, General in the scanner. "Throttle Cleaned Reset".

2.23.509 or later

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Well recall that my issues were the following..

1. high idle while driving only. 2k RPM
    2. good idle while stop at a red light or even turn on the vette. 650 RPM
    3. Moving the vette, will put the idle high again.. no matter what gear and yes it did feel like cruise control.
    4. HP tuners has the idle correct, the relearn idle puts the values on the idle table..
    5. Computer was just basically stuck and couldn't move at all from it's point..
    Overall -Idle relearn is to input those values again but when I used HP tuners to do a complete write it did not do anything at all.
    6. Question: Why will a flash from the dealership actually work and not HP tuners?

Number 6 is what's going through my head several of times even to this day. I need a answer to that question.. because ultimately it will help HP software engineers to make their product better.
    Part of your answer to 6 may be because the dealer flash writes the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) code as well. The HP Tuners does not write to the TAC portion of the ECU. It is a seperate processor. Could be that there was a calibration update.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 02-01-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Jaime