Thread: Timing Pulled?

Tuner in Training

Timing Pulled?

Was expecting to see 18* of advance at 31:00 of attached log, but am seeing a max of only 13.5*. Any ideas as to why so much timing is being pulled?

Thanks in advance.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a list of things I do NOT think is causing the timing to be pulled (and my reasoning):

Burst KR (burst KR was disabled for diagnosis of KR from previous logs)

KR (KR is being logged and is not displayed during the WOT/near-WOT event at 31:05)

Low Octane Table (if the low octane table were being referenced, the max advance would be 12* (in the higher RPM WOT region))

AFR Correction (AFR correction is zeroed-out in the tune)

IAT Correction (IAT correction starts at 149* F and logged IATs > 149* during the event)

ECT Correction (ECT correction starts at 230* F and ECT=194* during the event)

EGR Correction (EGR correction is zeroed-out in the tune)

Your timing on the high octain is 18 at 5600 and 6000 rpm

Your timing on the low octain is 11 at 5600 and 12 at 6000 rpm.

Look at your timing in the log the 31 second area. Your getting 12.5 at 5600 and see where it jumps to 13.5 at 6000, your low octain table is the only one that changes and adds that extra degree in. If it was using the high table, it wouldnt have changed. To test, copy your high timing table to your low. I bet you get your timing back.
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Tuner in Training
    Had just filled up at a different gas station than usual, so low octane table could make sense. If I had gotten some low octane gas and I now fill up with some good 93 octane, when and how will the ECM know that it can safely reference the HO table?

A new log from today is attached. Look at 12:56 of the log. 12* max WOT timing.

On a different topic, check out the AFR during the 12:56 WOT pull. I had posted separately about the MAF possibly being pegged, but I would greatly appreciate if someone could confirm that the reason for an AFR of 12.4 while commanding 11 (stock CID LS1 with Magnacharger, blower cam, and Delphi MAF) is in fact due to hitting the 67.7 lb/min ECM limit of the MAF Airflow table. It seems odd that the IPW is actually decreasing at WOT as the RPMs climb from 5,300 to 6,200. Could it be due to fuel pressure falling? A 2-bar SD OS will soon be installed, but it would be helpful for someone to tell me that yes, the lean AFR is due to the MAF being pegged.
    Last edited by 04ls1gto; 01-01-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So I logged Knock Learn Factor (KLF) yesterday for a 1.5 hour drive (to help burn off the "bad" tank of gas) and it went from 0.2 to 0.78. I haven't found a whole lot of info on KLF, but from what I can tell, 1.0 is good and 0.0 is bad. Even at the current value of 0.78, the advance is basically halfway between the high and low octane table values based on a spot check of some upper RPM instances in the logs. It doesn't appear to be a linear interpolation between the two tables based on the KLF.

Car sure feels lazy with all of the pulled timing. Curious to see how it goes when I fill up at a known good gas station.