Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Me!!!!! Please!!!!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Isn't that car a lot of fun? lol...

You need fuel pressure to tune that car right BTW, that was the main issue, Im tuning another S20G LNF right now and it runs a LOT stronger then BBG's car did. That and the insane amount of compressor surge. Try dropping the MAL table way down in the surge areas. I also tried taking the EBC off the car and had a lil better results but he wanted to use that

For the AFR: Use AFR Error vs the Maf Freq table to adjust the WOT Fueling

OH, and that BOV is straight JUNK! That was what kept messing with us as well. I had it all setup nicely, tuned the car then he messed with everything when I left and skewed everything.
    really? i thought BBG's car pulled pretty damn good!

Rich spike is easy to get rid of with a MAF relocate to the cold side CP.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by skip_jones View Post
    really? i thought BBG's car pulled pretty damn good!
    It pulled pretty good but it isn't AS strong as this other car is what Im saying It was certainly a real bitch to tune and fought every step of the way LOL. I still have his GMS1 tune file, I found it. If you want it LMK Matt.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the offer Nick, but I rewrote everything for him. Final numbers for the day was 684 whp and 995 ft lbs of tq. LOL... that was a dyno screw up! Actually put down 314whp and 350 tq. Not bad considering I was shooting for 320 on a conservative tune.

All panned out exceptionally well! Thanks for all you guy's help!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    It pulled pretty good but it isn't AS strong as this other car is what Im saying It was certainly a real bitch to tune and fought every step of the way LOL. I still have his GMS1 tune file, I found it. If you want it LMK Matt.
    that car must pull like a beast!

lol im not trying to open this back up but i am. lol ....Well i am the new owner of the car and the turbo surging is still a issue, BOV isnt, i rerouted the bov vacuum line to the intake manifold itself so it pulls vacuum. Ive ran a few cars like this with the spring type bov and it worked fine. Ive changed the springs in the bov and the turbo still has the surging sound, its not the bov. I checked the actuator and so forth, i looked for a boost leak, ive done everything. So i emailed bill at hahn, and hes having the same issue he said with his in house car, Same setup as me. So weve been emailing each other since friday about it. Its kinda confusing because the car pulls harder then hell on my 26lbs tune but it likes to cut out first or a second or so with the boost spike like its not getting fuel, but with my 22 lbs tune it looses power and still does the cutout. My commanded lambda is .89 Ive logged and logged but nothing. Im not getting kr.. Even tho i checked the actuator i still wonder if this could be causeing the issue noted......

james
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

Advanced Tuner
    That turbo is junk. Check it for play. Bov is still junk. But really the turbo has seen better days.

yeah it has minimal play, not much at all, bov is fine, it doesnt open up under boost, and it vent fine. So bov is not a issue.
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080112520 View Post
    yeah it has minimal play, not much at all, bov is fine, it doesnt open up under boost, and it vent fine. So bov is not a issue.
    Well then... I am going to make the assumption the adapter Hahn uses from the stock manifold to the S20g is partially to blame, or there is a weak silicone couple. I know when I was tuning the car, we found one coupler with a hole in it, and we replaced that (where the previous owner just duct taped it), and it reduced the surge substantially. Might be another one? Also, if you flash it, be sure to use the GMPP base map. Flashing with a stock map is not gonna work. AND, it has to be the right calibration for the car. Also, throwing this out there... might be the wastegate.

All I can say is good luck. I can't believe he sold it, but I know you got a good deal on it. The car has had issues since day one, some of the best of us have laid plenty of time into it, and if its still having issues, then I'm not sure what to do to it. It was running great when Nick got off the dyno with it, then it deteriorated, it ran splendidly when I got off the dyno with it, then apparently it is being a pain again. Not sure what the issue could be now.
    Last edited by mkriebs; 03-14-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh, and don't blame the Previous owner for the cars problems... I drove the car 4 hours to southern illinois before you bought it and it ran perfectly. Blame Chevy, Bill Hahn, or god, but not the PO.

Well owner wise, because how hard he pushed the car, when i got it it had 1 broken lash adjuster and so forth. Tune was way off any it had ton of kr everywhere. yEAH I THINK EITHER THE ADAPTER PLATE OR THE WASTEGATE IS THE ISSUE WITH THE CAR. Since bill from hahn replied to me in a email (Yeah where having this issue with our in house car) . I went through all the charge pipes and couplers i did not see anything, i did a boot leak test and a vacuum test. still nadda... and flashing wise i got the gmpp file handy and have been using this when i do write entires.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1080112520 View Post
    Well owner wise, because how hard he pushed the car, when i got it it had 1 broken lash adjuster and so forth. Tune was way off any it had ton of kr everywhere. yEAH I THINK EITHER THE ADAPTER PLATE OR THE WASTEGATE IS THE ISSUE WITH THE CAR. Since bill from hahn replied to me in a email (Yeah where having this issue with our in house car) . I went through all the charge pipes and couplers i did not see anything, i did a boot leak test and a vacuum test. still nadda... and flashing wise i got the gmpp file handy and have been using this when i do write entires.
    Lash adjuster was not the problem when we had it. We had it at the shop, popped the cover because i was nearly certain that was the issue, and it was fine. The tune was super conservative with no (real) knock anywhere on my logs. I am wondering if the ECU has a little bit somethin somethin fried in it, might be the cause of the cars temper.

Thought for sure we had this sucker fixed :/

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys... sorry to open this up, but my s20g is having surge issues also. Did anything ever get figured out?

I have my MAF relocated and a tial BOV. I have also tapped manifold pressure for the BOV. Cannot get rid of the surge. I have emailed hahn and GMtech is looking thins over as well. It happens around 4k to 5500 then seems to lock in and pull with no surge to 7000. But from 4-5500 it sounds insane.
    2007 Sky Redline
    ZZP Longblock /w stage 1 cams & fuel lobe
    S20G Turbo