Thread: Truck leans out while towing

Tuner

Truck leans out while towing

I have a mild 6.0l with a tvs 1900.At the track or on the dyno.The afr is at 11.6. When I tow a 3500lbs trailer,when I climb a hill,engine is turning around 2600rpm,My PE kicks in at about 45% just when It start to have boost.At 2psi of boost,it's still ok,But when It hit's 3-4 psi. The AFR goes back to 14.7. Of course I let off right away.As if the ecm is shutting down the PE.The cot for the cats is disabled,but I still set it at the 11.6afr.
    I know it's hard for you guys to help me without posting the tune.I'm on my cell phone right now.Trying to find a wi-fi at the campground.I do have my lap top and hptuners with me.
    Any quick ideas is appreciated.
    Truck is a 04 1500 auto 4x4.
    I also have a fuel pressure gauge in the truck,as far as I see it stays at 58-60psi.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ron

Senior Tuner
    post log and tune.

Tuner
    Here's what I have in the truck now.

Senior Tuner
    A log would still be helpful, but it would appear you have your pe tps set to high. In the rpm range you are describing it is set at 55%. Try lowering it to 35% and setting kpa restrictor to 75-80 kpa. This may require a little tweaking, but it will get you into pe sooner when required without costing fuel mileage.

Make my suggested changes, log with wideband and add commanded afr high res.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 08-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Tuner
    Will do some fine tuning in those areas.Thanks for pointing that out to me.