Thread: Please Critique 6L90E tune

Please Critique 6L90E tune

I have a 2008 2500HD 6.0L 6L90
    I've set this tune up and I'm extremely happy with it.
    I would like some feed back. I'm 21 so you can imagine that i love the firm shifts. but i don't know what the extremes are of the 6l90 as far as shift times and pressures and everything else really.
    -how fast is too fast ? (shift times)
    -how low can the shift transitions be set? (initial & final)
    -what is recommended for the desired output torque factor tables?
    -are my shift pressures to high ?
    -are oncoming/off going pressure presets OK ?
    -Oncoming volume tables too high ?
    -max/min adapt volumes ok?
    -TCC pressure apply ramp too aggressive?
    -are there any unseen dangers such as shift overlap with this tune ?
    the more feedback the better !
    I'd like to add that
    I live in Miami, FL and so far the hottest my trans has gotten with this set up is 179* after a few runs.
    so i don't think there is any unwanted friction.
    please review !!
    thanks in advance

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 08RED2500HD View Post
    I have a 2008 2500HD 6.0L 6L90
    I've set this tune up and I'm extremely happy with it.
    I would like some feed back. I'm 21 so you can imagine that i love the firm shifts. but i don't know what the extremes are of the 6l90 as far as shift times and pressures and everything else really.
    -how fast is too fast ? (shift times)
    -how low can the shift transitions be set? (initial & final)
    -what is recommended for the desired output torque factor tables?
    -are my shift pressures to high ?
    -are oncoming/off going pressure presets OK ?
    -Oncoming volume tables too high ?
    -max/min adapt volumes ok?
    -TCC pressure apply ramp too aggressive?
    -are there any unseen dangers such as shift overlap with this tune ?
    the more feedback the better !
    I'd like to add that
    I live in Miami, FL and so far the hottest my trans has gotten with this set up is 179* after a few runs.
    so i don't think there is any unwanted friction.
    please review !!
    thanks in advance
    Personally I would leave TM on and not touch adapt volumes. Thats of course a personal opinion after 3 years of poking A6's. Probably 1 in every 2 ppl will say turn TM off. Liking the Vette rev matching I keep TM on as rev matching goes away with no TM.

Do you have any logs that show the actual shift times? Also logging the pressure will give you a view of clutch phasing and potential overlap.

On overlap, how hard are your shifts now? Do the tires chirp on 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 for example just cruising?

Cheers

LSX378-Personally I would not touch adapt volumes. Thats of course a personal opinion after 3 years of poking A6's.
    08RED2500HD-I'll take your word, can't compare a few hours to 3 years

LSX378 -Probably 1 in every 2 ppl will say turn TM off. Liking the Vette rev matching I keep TM on as rev matching goes away with no TM.
    08RED2500HD -honestly I rev match myself, it's fun, sounds mean with the exhaust wide open (muffler delete) and much smoother that TM

-Do you have any logs that show the actual shift times? Also logging the pressure will give you a view of clutch phasing and potential overlap.
    -no logs yet, that is next on the agenda.

LSX378-On overlap, how hard are your shifts now? Do the tires chirp on 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 for example just cruising?
    08RED2500HD-75% to WOT there is tire chirping. lol
    cruising no, the traffic in my area sucks so my motor doesn't see more than 2000rpm around town.
    with that said the shifts are pretty snappy at lowers speeds, but not enough to upset grandma

Thanks a lot for responding.
    I've since raised shift times to.1494 (up from .1201) and set the inertia factor profiles for 4-5, 5-6, to 9. i like the feel better that way.