Thread: Need good E85 tuning guide!

Tuner in Training

Need good E85 tuning guide!

Can someone make a good E85 tuning guide showing the whole process (running half tank of e85 to start, which histograms to set up that are different than what you would monitor for 93 octane, etc...) Basically something like backyardturbo's LNF tuning guide but for E85.

Here is custom pid for your afr.

([AUX.20122]/14.7)*10 First number is the wideband and last number is what you set your stoich value as.

This pid is for afr error.

100*([AUX.20122]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121] The second number will be the pid from above. Once you make the first pid and add it to your scanner it will give you a new parameter to add in the blank.

On the redline forum there was a thread made for tuning e-85 a while back let me see if I can find it.

I think he wants to use the LNF wideband 02 Laser. Your's is for the Pro external, yes?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Ya mine was used on the external pro box. Thought he was a lsj guy even on the lnf there really isn't anything extra to add to the lnf scanner is there?

He may indeed be LSJ, I don't know. I gets so confused! He mentions BYT's LNF guide.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

We will see when he respones.

Tuner in Training
    im a lsj =p n need a guide >_<

Advanced Tuner
    Ya, instead of reading, researching and trying to understand, can someone just do it for me?
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Ya, instead of reading, researching and trying to understand, can someone just do it for me?
    but most of what i see is ^this . i have read the maf ve tuning at RLF , but it seems like everyone thinks that follow it and everything is honky dorry.

1. Disable dfco
    2. Disable LTFT
    3. Disable STFT
    4. Address the open loop table
    5. Disable COT & Disable piston protection
    6. Dialing in your power enrich table

done that

Use your hpt scanner to read maf error %. Or VE error %
    Get the results from the scanner, after you have at least 30 hits on every cell you want to adjust for. Copy the results from the scanner, and paste them to your tune's MAF freq table under the airflow tab. Or the VE table located in the same tab

i didnt drive it , im just tryin to get a feel for it so i try and work on the idle. i paste special multiply % flash the changes. turn off the car wait a few, start the car and it ran worse, dropped to 500rpm and idle went to 1.5k ..........

I want to learn and searching for tuning idle does not really net the result that most think.

Idle can be a pain I only try to get with in 5% on the fuel trims for idle myself. You should be pasteing by half only never do whole unless you are really far off. If you really want to make it easy for you just dial your car in with the fuel trims if its being a big pain or another option don't tune the first 5 cells using the afr error. Got a log and tune so we can see what you got going on?

Advanced Tuner
    For an lsj tuning e85 is exactly the same as tuing 93. Hell if you change your stoich and your tune was good your afr's should, in theory, be spot on still. Your wideband will still read 14.7 at stoich on your gauges because you wont have changed it. THis is correct since your wideband is reading stoich, but it has no idea what the stoich afr of your fuel you are using is unless you tell it.

And then basically add more timing, all over especially in cruise.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Tuner in Training
    Sorry guys, should have mentioned I got an LNF.

And to the comment of instead of doing your research, just have someone do it for you, there is tons of different methods that people are putting up but none of which are complete.
    I've done done tuning of MAF and all that using regular gas but considering making the jump to e85 to see what I can make of that. I just need a starting point as I'm sure there are different parameters you want to log to get everything dialed in. I've read a few posts about monitoring injection pressure and what not but nothing about what you're targeting to get everything working right. Everything is incomplete from what I've seen. Last thing I want to do is take a guess and screw up the car.

Then if you don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't start. Just my .02. I can forsee the "my car won't start" or "my car is making this weird noise now" and then blaming the people that wrote the guide for not holding your hand properly.

This forum is for helping people understand things, not literally walking you thru tuning the car... If you are tuning the car you are expected to understand the basics.