Thread: E85 help

Tuner in Training

E85 help

i know ill piss alot of u off but ive heard to many different AFRs for e85 on a cobalt ss/sc. if someone could set me straight on this. or shoot me a starting tune. im woried about the AFRs being righ i can mess with everything else. im new to this i have spent hours on hours reading threads. im running 80# with a 2.5 pulley. full 3inch exhaust. ill soon be adding NOS very soon. thanks for the help. feel free to PM me that might be better.

If you did some research you would have found the info you need. AFR is the same no matter what gas your using. Youll need to change your stoich value to i believe around 10 something if i remember right. Not sure but again if you do some research you will find it this is like the 50th E85 lsj thread.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

9.76 stoich AFR for E85.

Tuner in Training
    ok thank u for the help. like i said i have heard 10.0,9.75,7.0...and plenty others.

?
    Does it really matter just as long as it's in the ballpark since E85 can really be anything as low as 70%E -85%E? How would you actually know what % of E your getting without testing each fill-up?
    At least in my town the pump states Min 70% E on the E85 pump.
    Last edited by tazz; 06-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.

You could get a gauge to read what the content is or you could get fuel tester or you could wait till dead of summer when its e-85 set the tune for 9.76 then watch your fuel trims as they start to get worse when it all changes. Once that happens you just start increasing the number till its right or you could just leave it at 9.76 all time and just retune the car. By way If your not sure about the tuning stuff I wouldn't start with a 2.5 pulley till you make sure its all setup right. Your room for error is a lot smaller with the small pulley. Also make sure you jet the nitrous right for E-85.

It does kinda matter since the lambda will be an amount from the stoich set point

I understand that completely but if you are only a few off what it really is your not really messing up the maf to much. Nothing compared to leaving it as a 14.7 afr.

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    It does kinda matter since the lambda will be an amount from the stoich set point
    So back to the ? how does one know what % of E they are getting without testing to set the Stoich # correctly?
    Also is E85 85% during summer for sure or can it still be below 85%?
    Sorry for the ?'s and not trying to Hijack just trying to learn as much as possible.
    Last edited by tazz; 06-12-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Here is away to find ethonal content in the fuel.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

Yeah Ive seen that website before.
    Problem is that if the % is different at every fillup then you would need to adjust every time and Im not sure that I let alone most would be willing to do that let alone purchase that device. So given that senario at that point what would be the best avenue to follow, not to go full E85?

Tuner in Training
    9.8/x = power enrich table how lean is safe? 13.x?

Quote Originally Posted by tazz View Post
    Yeah Ive seen that website before.
    Problem is that if the % is different at every fillup then you would need to adjust every time and Im not sure that I let alone most would be willing to do that let alone purchase that device. So given that senario at that point what would be the best avenue to follow, not to go full E85?

You would not need to purchase there setup.. You just need the sensor which can be found at any parts store auto zone $493.99 part number SE1001. That with the Pro interface you can use the 0-5v input and scale it just like a wideband input. 0v = 0 ethanol and 5v = 100% ethanol.. The newer OS's have the scalar built into the stoich table.

You could even use a egr or a/c input through the pcm just as with a w/b..

Last edited by Google; 06-12-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

You could just pick the sensor up from a junk yard and you could cut pig tail off also.