Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6L80E Shift Pressure Questions

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    I'm going to try to fix the bug mentioned in the next few days.
    First problem fixed with beta .300. Thanks Keith!

Now for my second problem with the scanner restarting consistently as I mentioned above.

Well I just hope my fix didn't introduce any new bugs, heh.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubfloor View Post
    How about releasing a scanner that will actually allow you to start and stop recording more than once without having to restart it almost every time? How about fixing it so it doesn't say it's scanning while it just sits there doing absolutely nothing?
    Please test the newest beta in this regard and email support if you are still having this issue, I've personally tested this on my own vehicles and haven't had a problem.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Please test the newest beta in this regard and email support if you are still having this issue, I've personally tested this on my own vehicles and haven't had a problem.
    I'll check it out as well. I know I reported it many times last year.

Sorry that my bug-related emails have stopped. I started tracking time involved with keeping up with each incident though and it was hours each week. I get about 3-4 hours sleep a night trying to keep up with work, so that extra 1-2hrs a day just became something that I could no longer lose after the winter was over.

I am going to grab this beta though because I am definitely curious about the scanner fix.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

It works on the desktop (scanner 'knows' when it's no longer scanning); I'll update one of the laptops in the AM.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Anyone done any further testing on this new beta?

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    First problem fixed with beta .300. Thanks Keith!

Now for my second problem with the scanner restarting consistently as I mentioned above.
    Are you referring to the max pressure table issue being fixed? I know from using EFI Live, if you change the value in these tables with HPT and upload it with EFI Live, the value will read ZERO in the EFI live table! But, my trans still "seems" to work ok even with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    Yes it is the scanner causing the problem. I have two new laptops and two pro cables and both of them have the same problems with the scanner.
    Dont bother asking [email protected] about it. You will get a general response wanting you to read through useless help files.
    Bill asked me if I could capture the data when my scanner freezes. I do a lot of street tuning, and was talking to a client yesterday as I was tuning his car telling him Im surprised that after three hours of driving around tuning that my scanner didnt freeze. We pulled over so I could change the tune and upload it, and when we completed the upload, we started driving again.

I sat in the passenger seat and adjusted my laptop monitor and slight brushed my USB plug with my forearm, then my scanner froze. I didnt recogonize the issue first, then thought about it for a minute on what just happened. I closed the frozen scanner, restarted it and started to scan it again. Then I purposely brushed the USB cable again with my forearm where it plugs into the computer slight pushing the cable foward in the port which caused the scanner to freeze.

I dont believe its a bug but more an mechanical issue where the plug jiggles in the port losing connection. Ive noticed Ive only had a problem while in car scanning with the laptop on my lap or leaving it on the passenger seat cruising, and never on a stationary platform.

There's alot of wiggle room in the USB port once a cable is plugged in.

Advanced Tuner
    i was having scanner/logging issues then i looked at the end of my usb cable and noticed that the pin/terminals were worn about 1/2 way back in the plug and didnt come all the way to the end.. picked up a new usb cable from staples and all is good.

fist time i have ever seen a cable wear out like that,, i was thinking that the laptop usb ports were just worn out.
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Advanced Tuner

May have found the smoking gun

I tried testing the latest beta version and the problem with the scanner locking up (or show that it's scanning while not actually recording anything) seems to be attributed to putting the laptop into sleep or hibernate mode.

If I leave my laptop running I can start and stop the scanner as many times as needed, but if I try to start the scanner after waking up the laptop that's when it'll hang. I checked with a friend of mine and he confirmed the same thing happens on his laptop using the latest beta and we both checked version 2.22 and found it didn't have the same issue.

Hope that helps,
    Christopher

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I tried testing the latest beta version and the problem with the scanner locking up (or show that it's scanning while not actually recording anything) seems to be attributed to putting the laptop into sleep or hibernate mode.

If I leave my laptop running I can start and stop the scanner as many times as needed, but if I try to start the scanner after waking up the laptop that's when it'll hang. I checked with a friend of mine and he confirmed the same thing happens on his laptop using the latest beta and we both checked version 2.22 and found it didn't have the same issue.

Hope that helps,
    Christopher
    Can you please email support this information rather than posting it on the forum where it can easy get lost so I can add it to the ticket...the problem is if we can't recreate the issue it becomes very hard to fix it. I don't believe this was mentioned in any previous emails but I'll give it a shot in testing.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    It works on the desktop (scanner 'knows' when it's no longer scanning); I'll update one of the laptops in the AM.
    They still do it, but much less often.

2.22 does not do it.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    updates on the pressure table?
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Advanced Tuner
    It is still a problem and is still very annoying to deal with.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    It is still a problem and is still very annoying to deal with.
    Which problem exactly are you referring to? The pressure problem or the scanner problem?

Advanced Tuner
    Which problem exactly are you referring to? The pressure problem or the scanner problem?
    The Scanner problem. I dont use EFI Live so I have no way of checking the pressure table. I just assume its still not fixed and leave it stock for now.