Thread: Maf Help

Maf Help

Sorry to bother again, but I find it hard to beleive that I am the only one to notice this. I see all the threads where lots of guys are switching to the card style MAF for the older ecm but I noticed that the IAT that is built in is way off like even at 77 degrees in my shop it reades 97 to 99 degrees and gets worse from there if I plug the 03 maf back in it reads 77 rite on the money. And I even tryed a 2wire IAT out of a 94 LT-1 car and it reads 96 degrees the tables for a 08 iat are way diff then a 03 / 0411 ecm. I would like the IAT to read rite and I hate to have to run a seperate IAT that seems to be the easy way out to me and kinda dumb looking under the hood. Any ideas would be a big help thank you in advance.

Tuner in Training
    I think you can change the data on the tables to make it read right. I am sure someone already has this data somewhere.
    Engine Diagnostics/Airflow/IAT Sensor Cal

Quote Originally Posted by claya2 View Post
    I think you can change the data on the tables to make it read right. I am sure someone already has this data somewhere.
    Engine Diagnostics/Airflow/IAT Sensor Cal
    yes you can change the data but only temp not the resistance. So you have to know what resistance the new 08 temp sensor is at all the presest resistance coloms are for the 03 tables and the only way other then getting a temp controled chamber
    I know how to do this is call who makes the sensor and give them the resisence coloms ans ask them what temp there sensor reades at that point.

Tuner in Training
    Could you put the sensor in some water and measure the resistance and as you slowly raised the temperature? Sounds time consuming but could work. I had to do a similar test in a college advance electronics class.