Thread: Problem setting up PID for AFR

Problem setting up PID for AFR

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to log AFR using my AC pressure switch. The is the formula that I'm using and the error that I keep getting in the primary table [PID.7101]/.5+10 "unsupported parameter"

What am I doing wrong? The voltage coming out of my LM1 is correct according to my volt meter. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by rockoosi1 View Post
    Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm trying to log AFR using my AC pressure switch. The is the formula that I'm using and the error that I keep getting in the primary table [PID.7101]/.5+10 "unsupported parameter"

What am I doing wrong? The voltage coming out of my LM1 is correct according to my volt meter. Please help.
    I recommend upgrading to the pro interface from the std interface.

[PID.2811]/(5/15.04)+7.35 used to work for me and my lc-1's and the egr, will very depending on ground offsets..

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28176

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Can somebody please help? I have screwed around with this thing for two days and keep getting the same error. I have looked at the demos at least 5 times and no luck. I have e-mailed support and still no luck. I'm sure it is simple but I can seem to make it work.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have [PID.7101] added to the table in the scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by claya2 View Post
    Do you have [PID.7101] added to the table in the scanner?
    Yep but just o be sure I'm doing right. I go to the cell click insert and select from my list of user defined PIDs and double click. Is this the correct procedure?

Okay I think I figured it out. I didn't have the PID for the AC Pressure in my main table. As soon as I added it I saw my voltage being recorded. From there I was able to insert my custom PID. I'm not sure if this is correct but it seems to be working.

Is this the correct way?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, you have to log the AC Pressure for your readings. Since it uses the ac pressure wiring it has to log the pid for AC Pressure. Then it uses that reading to calculate the AFR formula that you put in HP Tuners histogram.

Quote Originally Posted by rockoosi1 View Post
    That’s the ironic part. I have studied that part so much that I feel confident I will be able to do that (set up the PIDs) .
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    You let me hang out there for two days....lol

I don't get on much over the weekends. But....you said you read for days and in your WB wiring thread I pointed you to this thread for setting up the PIDs. In post #5 there I say:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 liter eater
    There is no need to add your custom PID to the table but you do need to add the EGR.
    For anything in that thread replace EGR with AC Pressure.
    Bill Winters

I don't get on much over the weekends. But....you said you read for days and in your WB wiring thread I pointed you to this thread for setting up the PIDs. In post #5 there I say:

For anything in that thread replace EGR with AC Pressure.
    Yeah it makes perfect since to me now but for us newbies it is a little easy to overlook. Not anybody’s fault but some of the things that seem very obvious to you more experienced guys are easily over looked by newbies.

I just couldn't make the connection to that error message. I assumed that the "unsupported parameter" had to do with the formula that I was using.

It's all a learning process and maybe this thread will help other newbies. Thanks again and stay tuned.

Any time you see "unsupported parameter" in a histo its because you're not logging (by this I mean the PID is not in the table view) what the histo needs to do it's job. So to plot AFR Error against the MAF table when you're piping the WB through the AC that would be AC pressure (to turn into AFR), commanded AFR (to be able to calculate AFR error) and MAF Frequency.

Bill Winters

Any time you see "unsupported parameter" in a histo its because you're not logging (by this I mean the PID is not in the table view) what the histo needs to do it's job. So to plot AFR Error against the MAF table when you're piping the WB through the AC that would be AC pressure (to turn into AFR), commanded AFR (to be able to calculate AFR error) and MAF Frequency.

Okay since I'm not running a MAF (2bar SD) what is the correct histo for me to add this?

You need to make sure you have MAP and RPM in your table along with the abov mentioned PIDS (save MAF Frequency). Actually I think on the 3rd gen you need to make sure you delete the MAP PID and add the 2 bar MAP PID. Then set up a histo that plots AFR error against the 2 bar VE table.
    Bill Winters