Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: LNF New Parameters

BTW, I tried the Boost Lo Res PID and it works pretty well!

can't wait to test out this new stuff. get to play with a car friday finally.
    2006 cobalt (no more turbo)
    m62 2.7 pulley, E85, 79lb/hr injectors, 4-2-1 longtube header, airbox mod, stock catback

1998 Trans am 5.3 iron block 317 heads 88mm turbo e85 105lb/hr injectors, twin 255's.... build in progress

2014 wrx mild tune 18psi pump gas

Quote Originally Posted by '09SS View Post
    what could be is causing the continious overboost here? i have my dals set at 255 in the 100% column, pressure limit set to 265. 4th and 5th gear is set like that for the clutch slip boost spike i had.
    I would back off the MALT as to not enter so abruptly and harsh... Ramp it up with RPM.

This is how I run (with elevated DAL's in the 300's so I push 25-25.5 psi).

Boost comes in nice and smooth and holds.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

the wastegate linkage is stock, i loaded the gmpp tune turbo tables back in to see if i could make it level off the psi it was spooling up to like 24 drop to 19 back up and back down with the stock 09 tables and the new turbo tables. i set the dals back to 230 in the midrange and it is better but too high 3000-5000 still gonna work the duty cycle correction table a little. i thought every one is running the dals at 255 in the right column at 100% and adjusting boost with the new tables correct? setting max pressure at 265
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

I raised the max pressure back up to 300 kPa and adjust the DAL's & DC Correction for third, then cut torque/gear as needed in 4th & 5th. When it bounced off the max limit I got too much oscillation on mine.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    Are there still tables in the GMPP file that is not accessible?
    Besides the No lift shift....
    08 SKY Redline
    K&N Drop in
    Catless DP
    GMPP 3Bar MAP sensors
    HPTuned

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I raised the max pressure back up to 300 kPa and adjust the DAL's & DC Correction for third, then cut torque/gear as needed in 4th & 5th. When it bounced off the max limit I got too much oscillation on mine.
    How high did u have ur DAL's to hold more than 20 psi up above 6k? Im holding 100% bd dc til redline just boost falls off hard.
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

Nvm I guess on that post, I just saw in the other thread ur log at 6500 and it was at the same boost I was. So I guess I just gotta wait to get the EFR...
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

You can only get so much out of our turbos. Once Boost Controller Duty Cycle is maxed out at 100% she ain't gonna do any more.

Where can I download this latest beta

Contact support.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    So Chris when are we getting live tuning for the lnf?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    So Chris when are we getting live tuning for the lnf?
    I was able to do this with my megasquirt system and it was a cool feature on my other car! Can this be done on a oem ECU? Just wondering...

live tuning can't be done on these ECUs.

Hence question 8)

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Absolutely. I've been running the LE5 TB for months now, and my car is smoother off idle and around parking lots than our other Redline that's got far less mods and power.

Hang in there guys with a lot of this LNF stuff, I've got a little idea that might help all of us.
    I'm looking at installing an LE5 throttle body in the near future, and I mainly wanted to gauge what to expect. Sorry for putting it in this thread, but I figured compiling it here where the discussion started would be ok.

Smoothness off idle sounds great, however I'm interested in how it behaves when you punch it. I know this sounds really subjective, but does it "feel" more responsive from cruising to WOT? I'm totally ready to do some DAL tuning to optimize it, but it feels like no matter what is done on the tune, there is that feeling of disconnect between flooring it and being pushed back in the seat.

Thanks for any subjective review you can offer
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

when the engine is off record the speed of the tb reaction compared to the pedal. its darn near instant. there is some sort of value or paramater in the ecu that slows to plate opening when the engine is running. we do not have control of that yet so basically the other tb will be a waste of time in my opinion. the disconnect you talk about will still be there. i think iambroke and someone else figured it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    when the engine is off record the speed of the tb reaction compared to the pedal. its darn near instant. there is some sort of value or paramater in the ecu that slows to plate opening when the engine is running. we do not have control of that yet so basically the other tb will be a waste of time in my opinion. the disconnect you talk about will still be there. i think iambroke and someone else figured it out.
    Honestly that completely makes sense. I was hoping to hear from someone who had actually ran the LE5 throttle body to chime in on the "feel" of it. I understand on the log the delay will still be there, but even with drive by cable, installing a larger diameter throttle body can result in the feeling of better response, even if there is very little gained in actual power. If GMtech doesn't see this maybe I'll just PM him here and on solsticeforum.
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

Advanced Tuner
    Hey oldskool, nice to hear from you. Damn, forgot about some of these old threads. I'd like to go back and edit out the stuff I said that I've since found out isn't accurate!

The "feel" of the LNF can be whatever you want, it's all a matter of tuning. I have mine so unless you floor it or let the revs come up it just feels like a nice, normal daily driver. Pretty cool to be able to pull that off with ~540 hp/trq. Lots of guys don't like the drive by wire, I personally love it. SO much more you can do with the throttle when it's computer controlled. As far as the delay, everyone makes such a big deal about it, it's not the reason the LNF feels "laggy". Anyone that's worked with carbs knows you don't want the throttle to go wide open instantly at low rpm's anyway. Fuel injection is the same way, you don't want to open a big hole in the intake instantly. A lot of the throttle delay can be tuned out, but believe me, it's not as big of an issue as most think.

Back to your question, if you don't touch the tune, yes, the bigger throttle body will be a little more responsive. Obviously if you increase the area of the throttle bore, when the computer opens it to say, 50%, you'll be flowing the same amount of air as the smaller tb would at say, 70%. As far as making it touchy or smooth, again, it can be tuned to be however you want. You mentioned freeway cruise, I do remember having to dial back the throttle response in those areas after putting the bigger tb on, it did make it a little more sensitive. Changing cam timing makes the freeway cruise response more sensitive by far though. If you want freeway cruise acceleration response, I'd suggest working on those tables first. Unless you're going big turbo, the throttle body isn't going to give you anything you can't get by software changes alone.

HTH.

John

Alot of dal and cam tuning? Dals made mine super sensitive so I backed them off

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Hey oldskool, nice to hear from you. Damn, forgot about some of these old threads. I'd like to go back and edit out the stuff I said that I've since found out isn't accurate!

The "feel" of the LNF can be whatever you want, it's all a matter of tuning. I have mine so unless you floor it or let the revs come up it just feels like a nice, normal daily driver. Pretty cool to be able to pull that off with ~540 hp/trq. Lots of guys don't like the drive by wire, I personally love it. SO much more you can do with the throttle when it's computer controlled. As far as the delay, everyone makes such a big deal about it, it's not the reason the LNF feels "laggy". Anyone that's worked with carbs knows you don't want the throttle to go wide open instantly at low rpm's anyway. Fuel injection is the same way, you don't want to open a big hole in the intake instantly. A lot of the throttle delay can be tuned out, but believe me, it's not as big of an issue as most think.

Back to your question, if you don't touch the tune, yes, the bigger throttle body will be a little more responsive. Obviously if you increase the area of the throttle bore, when the computer opens it to say, 50%, you'll be flowing the same amount of air as the smaller tb would at say, 70%. As far as making it touchy or smooth, again, it can be tuned to be however you want. You mentioned freeway cruise, I do remember having to dial back the throttle response in those areas after putting the bigger tb on, it did make it a little more sensitive. Changing cam timing makes the freeway cruise response more sensitive by far though. If you want freeway cruise acceleration response, I'd suggest working on those tables first. Unless you're going big turbo, the throttle body isn't going to give you anything you can't get by software changes alone.

HTH.

John