Thread: 50/50 timing calculator explain please

Tuner in Training

50/50 timing calculator explain please

so i have downloaded mechanicmans 50/50 calc and have applied all the graphs asked for now when it show the timing at the end, what means what? is that actual timing degrees? these might be dumb questions but i am confused thanks for all your help, theres probably a link that shows how to use it i just havent found it.....

Senior Tuner
    The table at the end shows the percentage of main injection happening before tdc as your tune was. The table at the top(purple I believe and labeled copy) is the timing table you past back to your tune.

If you want to test this, copy the top timing table into where you pasted your timing table from your tune. The last chart will change to all 50's

Tuner in Training
    OK so im not supposed to copy anything from my tune over into the purple section?

Senior Tuner
    close the calculator without saving and reopen fresh. At the top there are two cells, color coded and labeled copy and paste. The green areas you paste the data from your tune into. The purple are you copy the data out to put back into your tune. The white area simply shows the amount of main injection timing happening before tdc.

Tuner in Training
    ok and then i put that into injector timing default? or where at into the injection timing?

Tuner in Training
    nevermind i got it thanks for all your help mecanicman.... this should optimize mileage/power correct?

Senior Tuner
    Yes. If you have adjusted other things correctly. Make sure you have not exceded 30* timing.

Tuner in Training
    the highest it goes at 3250 rpm is 24* but at 4800 rpm it goes beyond 30* but that should be find right?

Tuner in Training
    also is 30* max for power? basically detonation?

Senior Tuner
    Assuming you are only running to 3250 yes that will be fine. 30* is a guidline, you dont want to much fuel going in before tdc for fear of hydraulicing.

Tuner in Training
    perfect! thanks for all your help seriously! and if i want even better mileage do you have a calculator for 60/40 or how do you figure out different combinations?