Thread: 2010 Camaro launch issues

Tuner in Training

2010 Camaro launch issues

I went to the track last night for the first time in this car. My best time out of 3 passes was 12.2 with a 2.2 60 foot. I am running M/T 295 DR. Car put down 460so it should be in the 11's easily but my launch is horrible.

I want to launch using the brake but when I do the damn car just sits there. Two out of the 3 passes I staged deep and launched on the 3rd yellow. I see the green for a full second before the damn car even moves. The motor doesn't bog, spit or sputter. It just pauses for nearly 2 seconds. There is something in torque management I am not seeing. I have talked to 2 other tuners and they just say, "yeah there could be something still active" What is active? Everything is disabled.

The reason I know it's not the motor stumbling is because I can launch using the line lock and there is no hesitation at all. BUT... I can't stall it up to where I need it without pushing the skinnies. I used the line lock 1 time last night to launch and pulled a 1.8 60 foot with a .2 reaction time but that tune had screwed up shift points so I had to back out of it to get to shitft. That run would have put me in the 11's.

Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    can you post a log and tune file?
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Tuner in Training

Any update on this?

I seem to have a delay of about .3 seconds after hitting the gas per my logs. It feels longer when I'm in the car.
    2020 C8 - just headers for now
    2007 Silverado 4.8