Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help....knocking.

Attachment 27749
    hey, sorry about that heres the log of the latest revision term has sent me.
    09 Imperial blue ss/tc, sunroof, g85.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

this isnt the log i did today because it was too big to post but the only difference is on the one for today the ltfts were -1.6 to 1.6
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Advanced Tuner
    Thats the same type of knock that i've had for the last 4 years, i tried lowering timing, making the fuel trims perfect, didn't help. I'd love to find an answer but i've given up.

I take it your car is still working fine? Same Motor? What mods do you have?

Advanced Tuner
    Of course it is, i've been autocrossing it for the last three years, mods are intake/exhaust/cat/ic/gmpp tune + hptuners.

Same mods as me... Hmmm. Maybe it's the gmpp tune or sensors.... What cp do you have? When mines shows knock, the afr and timing goes in the shitter.

Ok..... your maf is off a little and so is maf correction. somtimes your getting kr when you decel.. what is your boost at..Your commanded lambda is not even close to what it needs to be at.. if he keeps tuning the car and it keeps fluctuating look for a boost leak, cuz that will do it, also look at a new 02 sensor.
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

My boost is at 22.5 psi.

As for a new o2 sensor, you mean the front o2 sensor.

Also do you have a part number for the o2 sensor. I'll order that up today or tomorrow.

Advanced Tuner
    Not to threadjack but you guys that have ics, what are your coolant temps normally and after a bit of wot?

At wot mine usually goes to 95-96 degrees then normal driving it'll stay between 90-93

Advanced Tuner
    Your coolant temps?

Do you know the part number for the pedal assy. ? I know where there's a new one for a Sky/Sol for $70ish shipped. Part number is 15220018 on this one...

No i don't know the part number. If someone would chime in to say if they were the same pedals in all cobalts, the wife has an 07 lt.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 View Post
    Same mods as me... Hmmm. Maybe it's the gmpp tune or sensors.... What cp do you have? When mines shows knock, the afr and timing goes in the shitter.
    Cp...Wazzat?
    Since i had this knock since day one none of the mods i did increased it or decreased it one bit, making me think its false knock. I even rotated the knock sensors as per the manual but that didn't help at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    Your coolant temps?
    Welcome to the metric system.

Hmm....is it hard to rotate the knock sensors? Alot of work involved? Cp= charge pipes.

Advanced Tuner
    On the solstice its a bit of a pita since there's a vacuum booster blocking the rear knock sensor, if the cobalt doesn't have one you should be able to reach the sensor with a long extension.
    The cold charge pipe is a custom 3" piece from btf with the maf sensor relocated to it, hot side is still stock.

i dont have the part number but i have my spare one just in case lol. I have the hahn ic, usually i am about 10-15* colder then ambient after a long third get pull, kinda sounds wierd but true. Like about two weeks ago i went and did a log, and ambient was 65ish and my iat2s were in the 50s
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

Quote Originally Posted by 1080112520 View Post
    i dont have the part number but i have my spare one just in case lol. I have the hahn ic, usually i am about 10-15* colder then ambient after a long third get pull, kinda sounds wierd but true. Like about two weeks ago i went and did a log, and ambient was 65ish and my iat2s were in the 50s
    What exactly are the symptoms when the upper o2 sensors go out?

Oh and I believe he was talking about coolant temps. With my Zzp ic I'm usually about 8-10 degrees above ambient.